Home

Fight Night Round 4 DLC Taken Down (360)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 DLC Taken Down (360) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: XBOX 360 DLC Delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Man, all I did was erase my settings and restart the game, and the DLC works fine for me. THis sucks for eveyone else.
Did you erase your profile? What does the profile hold anyways? It doesn't have any stat tracking does it?

Old 12-05-2009, 01:40 AM   #10
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Fight Night Round 4 DLC Taken Down (360)

I don't really understand how a massive company like EA can screw these things up so badly.

"The game freezes...really?!"...don't they test these things before they release them.

I have always bought EA games based on the idea that "hey, at least i know it will work"...as opposed to smaller companies.

This year though, I am starting to doubt these guys know what they are even doing.

The NBA Live patch had a massive glitch in it...and the producers were genuinely shocked about it when people pointed it out (about 8 hours after it was released)

I mean, do they not check before releasing stuff?

How do you not know something will cause freezing...just test it?
Old 12-05-2009, 02:05 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I don't really understand how a massive company like EA can screw these things up so badly.

"The game freezes...really?!"...don't they test these things before they release them.

I have always bought EA games based on the idea that "hey, at least i know it will work"...as opposed to smaller companies.

This year though, I am starting to doubt these guys know what they are even doing.

The NBA Live patch had a massive glitch in it...and the producers were genuinely shocked about it when people pointed it out (about 8 hours after it was released)

I mean, do they not check before releasing stuff?

How do you not know something will cause freezing...just test it?
I know, I'm feeling the same way CV. I mean, what is the point of sending DLC/Title Updates to Sony/MS for weeks if they still turn out to be broken or break things after they go through certification? Like you said, don't they realize some of these issues like the Live OT glitch, the Fight Night DLC freezing the game, etc.

EA just seems to be making constant mistakes right now when it looked like they were back on the upswing with the community interaction. Now that's all but gone and we have issues like this, NCAA likely not getting a patch and the Live patch and the Madden patch both making issues worse.

And with this whole FN DLC mess, they basically just took some people's money for 1 or 2 weeks or whenever this issue is fixed.

It's sad because I'm a pretty loyal EA customer. Looking at my collection of 360 games, I have about 7 EA games but the way things have been going lately, I may not be so quick to get an EA game in the future and take more of a wait and see approach.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-05-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #12
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Did you erase your profile? What does the profile hold anyways? It doesn't have any stat tracking does it?
Yes, that as well. And it worked just fine.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Yes, that as well. And it worked just fine.
Guess I'll try that. Does it keep track of any stats though or does it just save your controller settings, sliders, etc?

Old 12-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #14
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Guess I'll try that. Does it keep track of any stats though or does it just save your controller settings, sliders, etc?
I don't play online, so I don't know if it erased those stats. It didn't effect my Legacy or anything. Just the sliders, that was all.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

I heven't played this in a while, but have they fixed it where I don't have to unplug my adaptor to get past the title screen freeze? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »