Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

The second patch for NBA Live 10 is now available for 360 and PS3 owners. Please post your impressions here.

This quote from blackflash83, NBA Live Community Manager.

Quote:
"The second title update will address a lot of the bugs that came from the first update as well as address the three point issue that has been plaguing online play. The online fatigue issue will also be fixed as well.

It will also look to address some of the freezing issues that some of you have run into as well."
EDIT: Adding what the patch addresses:

-Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.
-Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.
-Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values
-Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by Pared; 12-14-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360, Post Impressions Here

Ok all I can tell you guys is what I could see playing two games online. It seems (SEEMS) as if the 3 point shooting has been toned down some. I didn't play a complete cheeser who jacked 3's so I can't tell for sure. It also seems as if the cheap charge fouls might have been toned down or I might just be better at avoiding them.

I can't really say if I seen anything that stood out to me as if I can point and say "YEAH YEAH, they definitely changed that". Still no online replays save for the one block we seem to get. With the 3's the guy I played took a lot of shots from 3 , ALOT of shots, but I it wasn't so much in the cheese method therefor I can't really say. Sorry guys, wish I could tell you more but that's all I could really garner from just 2 games.

I will say this though, it seems the natural flow of the game that seemed to have been gone since the first patch is back with this patch. If that makes any sense.

Some things I know you might want to know. Bricked dunks are still in the game. So if you hate them sorry, if you like them then you're in luck. The turn over near the sideline is still in so if you hate... well you know the deal. It also seems like the freethrow lag has been reduced quite a bit. You guys know what that is so I wont mention it for the cheesers who don't know and want to abuse it. I think they opened up more finishing moves at the basket. I saw some nice ones I haven't seen before but who's to say I saw them all.

OH AND FATIGUE IS IN!!! Even in versus matches where you don't go into the lobby. And it's in pretty good effect also. You WILL see some decent fatigue.

Last edited by randombrother; 12-08-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
Banned

Oh, also , again guys remember just 2 games, but it seemed as if the analog passing has been improved. Usually I get at least 3 or so passes a game where I'm like WTF KINDA ISH IS THIS with the passing. Just thought about it and not once did I say that. I did say it to myself because I made some dumb ones but it wasn't because of CPU although one seemed like it was because it seemed as if my passer held the ball WAY to long before finally passing it causing a turnover but the guy passing it wasn't exactly Nash if you know what I mean.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

after one game offline suns vs magic(cpu) allstar

its jekyl & hyde live but it may be fun again

the good:

they looked to feature howard
he posted used spins and a pro hop
he did not spot up 15ft away
he passed the ball out after a reb ( 1 time all game)
the cpu didnt seem in a hurry on offense every play, they still hurried though
they were aggressive to drive the lane

the bad or not so cool:
howard tried to dribble between his legs 20ft out (happened once)
the fadeaway off the post up is still there for players who should not be doing that 5+ times a game from 15-20 ft
the bug where if you bump the ball handler he does a fadeaway pullup from where-ever is still there

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
Banned

Did you feel as I felt like the "flow" of the game was back?

Unfortunately guys the one time I went online looking for some cheeseballs I couldn't find one.

Last edited by randombrother; 12-08-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
the bug where if you bump the ball handler he does a fadeaway pullup from where-ever is still there
Wow... thats still in there. That was the main thing killing the offline games and why i stopped playing dynamic season.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #8
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Wow... thats still in there. That was the main thing killing the offline games and why i stopped playing dynamic season.
when i was playing the magic it happened to A. Johnson but it did not happen to the guys who have offensive options, it almost seemed as if when i bumped him he had no other option than to shoot while when i bumped carter or lewis they kept playing jonhson fired off 3 bad shots

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »