Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Debut Trailer (No Gameplay)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Debut Trailer (No Gameplay) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #17
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Debut Trailer (No Gameplay)

That was a funny fluff video there

It seems that they have put more emphasis on the batter/pitcher dynamic if you take what Longoria said at the end as gospel. I'm REALLY hoping this game does well or else X360 owners are truly screwed for years to come when it comes to baseball gaming.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MLB2K10 Debut Trailer (No Gameplay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I think 2k is getting better at promoting their products. A early video I hope there is more info coming soon. I really want this game to bee good.
The words 'better' and 'promoting' rarely deserve to be in the same sentence when discussing 2K's marketing tactics.

Hopefully they've learned some lessens and decided to actually promote some of their sports games earlier than 2 weeks before release.

I really want 2K10 to be a good baseball game. I love analog fielding. It's a big enough thing for me that I'd consider 2K10 over The Show.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
The words 'better' and 'promoting' rarely deserve to be in the same sentence when discussing 2K's marketing tactics.

Hopefully they've learned some lessens and decided to actually promote some of their sports games earlier than 2 weeks before release.

I really want 2K10 to be a good baseball game. I love analog fielding. It's a big enough thing for me that I'd consider 2K10 over The Show.
I take what I said back. We could at least get one screen shot before the new year. Just give us one or more of Evan Longoria because the show already put out a slew of info. 2K should counter that with some info about 2k10.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 12-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
I take what I said back. We could at least get one screen shot before the new year. Just give us one or more of Evan Longoria because the show already put out a slew of info. 2K should counter that with some info about 2k10.
Totally agree.
If the game is out in 3 months, surely we should have some screenshots by now?

But this is 2K's way. Check out the forums for the rest of their sports games and you'll see the same complaining for all of them.

Their marketing department is reactive, not proactive.
The Show is arguably the best sports game on the market right now and yet 2K acts like they're the only one making a baseball game.

David might have beaten Goliath with a pebble, but 2K will have no such luck.
They should have been the first one to release screenshots and video. Not the other way around.

I really want 2K to be a good baseball game. The Show is growing stale for me. So if 2K screws up this sport too (hockey looks like it could be done), I'll be ticked.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #21
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

The Show is arguably the best sports game on the market right now and yet 2K acts like they're the only one making a baseball game.

It is because, in their eyes, they are (360/PC). It seems like they almost write off the PS3/PSP. Especially with the "lack of a patch" for 2K8 on the PS3, but the 360 received one for the same issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It is because, in their eyes, they are (360/PC). It seems like they almost write off the PS3/PSP. Especially with the "lack of a patch" for 2K8 on the PS3, but the 360 received one for the same issues.
If I were them I would focus on the 360 and PC version just because the majority of PS3 owners don't even look at 2k as an option. They should try to make those versions the best they can be.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 12-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #23
MVP

Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Debut Trailer (No Gameplay)

How many PS3 owners really do look at 2k as an option?

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 12-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #24
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
If I were them I would focus on the 360 and PC version just because the majority of PS3 owners don't even look at 2k as an option. They should try to make those versions the best they can be.

Not the point, they have a license, they should represent it with the fullest of their abilities. The Show, should make them strive to be better in theory.

But I do think the financial situation is really hurting them. Just look at the NBA, sure it is the best game out, but they didn't do much from 2K9 to 2K10, some say it was buggier and worse. And with NBA Live gaining major ground, you think they would have "stepped up their game".

And we wont even talk about Hockey.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 12-21-2009 at 03:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »