Home

EA to Stand by Tiger Woods

This is a discussion on EA to Stand by Tiger Woods within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA to Stand by Tiger Woods

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Electronic Arts Inc., which puts out the “Tiger Woods PGA Tour” series of golf video games, has not said what its plans are for the franchise. The company did not immediately return requests for comment Thursday. Nike Inc. and PepsiCo Inc.’s Gatorade are other big sponsors that haven’t severed their ties.
They are standing by, for now. But like Gamecock said, it comes down to money and they would drop him if it hurts their image.

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150
Old 12-31-2009, 01:18 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I think this is a deeper issue than some think...

However the other day my wife asked me what I was playing and I said "Tiger Woods golf". Well... she kind of gave me the raised eyebrow. Nothing huge, but clearly it bothered her a little.

She looks at the money he makes off the game and thinks that maybe he doesn't deserve to be on the cover. I can clearly see her point.
I agree, I don't really care about who's on the cover as well but for a certain segment of consumers EA might have a problem with Tiger.

Case in point, I was talking to my 10 year old nephew the other day and asked him what he wanted for his Bday in January and he's a sports nut and gamer and asked him if he wanted TW10. His response "What? Cheetah Woods 10, no thanx." Kind of suprised me.

If TW11 takes any noticeable dip in sales then it's a good chance that Tiger may be dropped for next year unless his image goes 180 and at this point in how he has become a running joke for everybody that's gonna be difficult.

It's not that Tiger is the 1st guy to screw around but the way he got caught, the hush money, the possible plastic surgery to repair his face and the press coverage is 10 times worse than for anyone I can remember, except for Bill Clinton and considering he was the Prez at the time that's saying alot, the forgive and forget scenario is becoming more and more unlikely by the day.

It will be hard to see him on TV playing golf and not think about all the stuff that's happened and anytime he walks by an attractive women in the gallery and what's going thru his mind.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 12-31-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #19
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

People forgot about Kobe and they'll forget about this. If I like a game, what he does behind closed doors isn't going to stop me from playing it. It's none of my business.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #20
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

@pastapadre: Sounds like EA is going to drop Tiger Woods, or make some form of a change. Article up soon.

Wow...interesting.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
@pastapadre: Sounds like EA is going to drop Tiger Woods, or make some form of a change. Article up soon.

Wow...interesting.
I would only believe it if the source was an official EA Press release....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »