Home

Madden NFL 10: Potential Superstars Part II

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Potential Superstars Part II within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #17
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_steve
If you are going to include Mario Williams then how about Shaun Phillips. They guy is often forgotten, but he is a great OLB and can rapidly develop into a beast OLB/DE and hes only 28. You can also get trades through during the rare occasions that Merriman is not injured
You are correct and I have moved him to RE before, but due to his age he did not make the list. He is a very good player otherwise.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
I'd take Kenny Philips and work with him. I mean if the list is to highlight young A potential studs-to-be...why take Derrick Brooks?

I'd take the young potential super star over an quite old vet, even if he does have a 91 OVR at the same position. Philips could probably get there as well and be much younger than Brooks.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #19
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 10: Potential Superstars Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
It would be nice if the game didn't allow a 77 OVR LB go to a 91 OVR SS.
You're right.

In my first franchise I was the Bengals and signed Brooks as an OLB to mentor Malaluga, and Rivers.

That's sim.

Moving a 37-year old who has played exclusively at LB his entire career to SS, where he will have to play more coverage than he did when he was 26 and could move, is just outright ridiculous.

I dont care if the game makes him a 91. It would never happen in real life. Switching OLB's to DE's is one thing. Making Derrick Brokes a SS is just ridiculous.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4
FS Charles Godfrey from the Panthers is a beast after a year or so. Great speed, hard hitter, good hands, good play recognition.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 10: Potential Superstars Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
You're right.

In my first franchise I was the Bengals and signed Brooks as an OLB to mentor Malaluga, and Rivers.

That's sim.

Moving a 37-year old who has played exclusively at LB his entire career to SS, where he will have to play more coverage than he did when he was 26 and could move, is just outright ridiculous.

I dont care if the game makes him a 91. It would never happen in real life. Switching OLB's to DE's is one thing. Making Derrick Brokes a SS is just ridiculous.

Madden might need a positional familiarity rating or something. Just like in baseball games where a 1B doesn't necessarily play good SS because of the demands of the positions.

That said, OVR is just an arbitrary rating. It probably needs to weight coverage much more highly for CB/FS/SS, but it doesn't really mean much, imo.

Might be rated too highly. I don't know what his ratings are (don't usually look at 37 year old FAs).

If Brooks could play good safety on the field, that would be a bit of a problem, though he probably could in a 46 package as the SS plays the "4th linebacker" a lot of times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #22
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
If you can get Cameron Wake or Vernon Gohlston, they are amazing as DEs. Gholston especially, as he played DE for OSU. I got 18 sacks with him the first year and 15 the second with no nano-blitzing or cheese.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #23
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4
Just what really is the point of these "stratagy guides" anyway? They are not only out of date, too specialized, and often garbage. When writing a stratagy guide, I would take one of three points of views. 1.) Stratagy guide on how to run a simulation franchise. 2.) Stratagy Guide on how to best min/max, and "cheat" the computer to be the most stupid overpowered super franchise ever, ie. break the game. 3.) Fantasy Draft stratagy guide.

The 1st option doesn't have you moving a OLB to SS just because he goes from a 77 to a 91, the 2ed option isn't any fun to me at all and would get boring FAST, and the 3rd is a little tough because "ratings don't matter" when it comes to drafting Offensive and defensive linemen. It's hard to ru na simulation fantasy draft when you don't have to build a solid line on both sides of the ball [see option 2]

Why make a guide on the top A potential players from some random updated roster and set the mark at 24 yers old? Why not just make a guide of "sleeper" players to look and trade for? For example, take OLB Paris Harilson of the 49ers #98 and trade for him and place him at DE in a 4-3 scheme. He not only goes up to a great DE, but in real life, he does a great job this year in rushing the passer and applying pressure off of the edge. Take old corner backs and move them to FS if you are lacking in that department.

I guess I am just angry that articles like these are featured on OS when they are so bad...
Old 01-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 29
This entire 'article' is a prime example of what happens when you don't proof-read what you write. Not only that, but it is also a guide to cheesing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »