Home

Electronic Arts to Make Announcement on Tiger Woods

This is a discussion on Electronic Arts to Make Announcement on Tiger Woods within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Electronic Arts to Make Announcement on Tiger Woods

Electronic Arts Inc., the world’s second-largest video game publisher, has made a decision regarding its sponsorship of Tiger Woods and plans to make an announcement by tomorrow, according to Bloomberg.

Quote:
"Our sponsorship of Tiger Woods has been the subject of deep internal discussion over the past several weeks,” David Tinson, a spokesman for EA Sports, said today in a statement. “We expect to make an announcement on that sponsorship shortly.”

A decision by the maker of “Tiger Woods PGA Golf” comes after AT&T Inc. and Accenture Plc dropped their endorsements with the world’s top-ranked golfer. Electronic Arts released “Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10” in June and will introduce its first online version of the game this year."

UPDATE: Peter Moore has chimed in on the situation.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Electronic Arts to Make Announcement on Tiger Woods

Wow, you know Tiger's rep is in serious trouble if EA has had "deep internal discussion" regarding his status. I would be surprised if they didn't pull the plug, after that disclosure.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Wow, you know Tiger's rep is in serious trouble if EA has had "deep internal discussion" regarding his status. I would be surprised if they didn't pull the plug, after that disclosure.
Yep, it is hard to stop an avalanche once it gets rolling. I think EA is done with Tiger for now. The reason it is not an easy decision and they have had deep internal discussions is because Tiger is the 4th or 5th best selling title for EA Sports. I am sure they are concerned about lost sales, but it could go either way if they dropped him or didn't. I am sure there are fans on both sides of the fence on this issue, but more leaning towards dumping him for his actions and moving on with EA Sports PGA TOUR Golf 2011 which is what I am thinking they will do....
Old 01-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Yep, it is hard to stop an avalanche once it gets rolling. I think EA is done with Tiger for now. The reason it is not an easy decision and they have had deep internal discussions is because Tiger is the 4th or 5th best selling title for EA Sports. I am sure they are concerned about lost sales, but it could go either way if they dropped him or didn't. I am sure there are fans on both sides of the fence on this issue, but more leaning towards dumping him for his actions and moving on with EA Sports PGA TOUR Golf 2011 which is what I am thinking they will do....
nope,EA is sticking w/ tiger
Old 01-05-2010, 02:21 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
nope,EA is sticking w/ tiger
If they're sticking with Tiger, then why is there an "announcement?" If things are remaining as is, they could just fall back on their most recent statement: "Our relationship with Tiger is unchanged." Why make an announcement to repeat your last statement?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsint...nch-in-january

It appears EA is sticking with Tiger and announcing the Open Beta later this month of TW Online for PC/Mac....
Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10
Edited in to a new blog entry here: http://www.operationsports.com/Stain/blog/

Last edited by Stain; 01-05-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Another link stating EA is sticking by Tiger: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...est=latestnews

I applaud this move by EA. I'm sick of the media ripping this guy apart for a mistake he made. Its time to move on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »