Home

Madden NFL 10: Mapping out your Drafts

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Mapping out your Drafts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 10: Mapping out your Drafts

This year Madden features 30 pre-made draft classes for franchise mode. The draft class that is assigned to your franchise is randomly generated when advancing from the preseason to the regular season. This means that you can map out your franchise and decide what draft classes you want simply by saving and re-loading before the regular season until you get the desired draft class. Most "sim" players may not prefer this method, but for those of us who pit our franchises against our friends’ franchises, it helps to map out and maximize your roster.

To provide an example, I will go over my preferred top two draft classes, which should really help set up the future of your own franchise. To make things easy, most people sort draft classes by the top-rated QB from each class. These two classes are known as the Cooper Reno draft and the Kris Steven-Baker draft. Complete lists of the best players in all 30 drafts have been made by a few dedicated people and can be found by via the all-powerful Google.

Read More - Madden NFL 10: Mapping out your Drafts
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
RZZ
Rookie

OVR: 1
I saw this and had to register and comment cuz i used to do this is august/sept.
I used to try to get the Joe Kain draft class first and draft Kain and next year i would try to get a good realistic left tackle and so on.But i always started with Kain.I was hoping i could play some franchise mode in desember but it's hella boring with this stat issue.I would though recommend the developers to work together on ratings in draft classes and find the best balance because there were too many good players in each draft, it was too easy to see who was good and who wasn't and if you played franchise for couple of years the league would be crowded with good players.Next time have players in 1st round that are rated 80+ with C or even D potential and of course have the potential hidden.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25
Thanks! Good read.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
The only draft planning you need is for Quarterbacks! The rest all you need is to draft the fastest player. I am in the 6th franchise year, have 101 million in cap room by not resigning any of my high profile high contract players. My team is almost entirely comprised of computer generated drafted players.

Eagles franchise year 6

QB drafted to take McNabbs place rated 71 overall (under 60 DPA above 80 short acc, and me acc) 41 TD 23 int rookie season

2 running backs rated below 60 but blazing speed, (each had over 10 TD each season)

Offensive line 4 drafted players all rated under 60 (bench press above 30 when drafted) I take 4 or 5 sacks a game, but that's just the game of Madden.

4 wide receivers all rated under 60 (speed above 94, one made the pro bowl as a returner.)

4 corners all above 6ft rated under 60 (drafted because of height and 4.25 speed)

6 linebackers average rating 63 (all drafted for speed)

LDE rated under 60 with 86 speed (Made the pro bowl with 18 sacks in rookie year)

Kicker and punter rated 99 KP (never had a kick returned or punt returned)

Undefeated every year to the super bowl. I would win every super bowl, but I hate playing the Pats every year. The last super bowl I played was at the end of season 5 and that is because the Texans represented the AFC.

My point is that you don't have to go after the highest rate player in the draft in Madden 10, The only position that needs real consideration is QB, the rest you can draft either by 40 time, or bench press reps for O line, and speed and strength for D line.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10: Mapping out your Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
The only draft planning you need is for Quarterbacks! The rest all you need is to draft the fastest player. I am in the 6th franchise year, have 101 million in cap room by not resigning any of my high profile high contract players. My team is almost entirely comprised of computer generated drafted players.

Eagles franchise year 6

QB drafted to take McNabbs place rated 71 overall (under 60 DPA above 80 short acc, and me acc) 41 TD 23 int rookie season

2 running backs rated below 60 but blazing speed, (each had over 10 TD each season)

Offensive line 4 drafted players all rated under 60 (bench press above 30 when drafted) I take 4 or 5 sacks a game, but that's just the game of Madden.

4 wide receivers all rated under 60 (speed above 94, one made the pro bowl as a returner.)

4 corners all above 6ft rated under 60 (drafted because of height and 4.25 speed)

6 linebackers average rating 63 (all drafted for speed)

LDE rated under 60 with 86 speed (Made the pro bowl with 18 sacks in rookie year)

Kicker and punter rated 99 KP (never had a kick returned or punt returned)

Undefeated every year to the super bowl. I would win every super bowl, but I hate playing the Pats every year. The last super bowl I played was at the end of season 5 and that is because the Texans represented the AFC.

My point is that you don't have to go after the highest rate player in the draft in Madden 10, The only position that needs real consideration is QB, the rest you can draft either by 40 time, or bench press reps for O line, and speed and strength for D line.
Not everyone plays on Rookie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
Not everyone plays on Rookie
Haha, told.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Macc24JR's Arena

OVR: 5
I know 100% that if I were to run a franchise in Madden I'd be uploading my draft classes from NCAA. Wouldn't you guys just rather play with the real players than fake generated guys?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 10: Mapping out your Drafts

^^^Yes, but EA screwed that all up! EA relies to heavily on dropping attributes that will not progress in Madden to lower the incoming NCAA players OVR, so if you import you are never going to see a 99 spd guy ever!

Some guys have a hard time with how guys they really like in NCAA, never seem to make the drafts - the way EA handles the imported classes needs tweaked!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »