Home

Madden NFL 10: Dream Wildcat Scenario

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Dream Wildcat Scenario within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I personally don't think anything should be disabled online, they should just be able to write defensive AI that can deal with it.
If they fix the D instead just creating patches that handicap the offense the wildcat wouldn't be considered cheesy. Personally I like the WC...I don't use it but I love seeing it on Sundays and I even like playing against it. The problem is EA takes all the suggestions from online play and trys to correct only these problems. The approach they take makes no sense like the people abusing the flats instead of correcting the D to cover the flat better they have the back hesitating for an insane amount of time before slipping into the flats. This made every cheesy nano blitzers day because they could nano all day and that was one less counter for it. I don't like to abuse the flats but if I'm playing some cornball that wants to nano blitz me I will definately abuse the flats until they stop. The WC I don't even know what they did to that but its completely broken now and its no fun because of the restrictions placed on it. Its very basic, QB can't scramble which is a big part of passing out of the WC, and I hope they expand on it next year.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 10: Dream Wildcat Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavane
If they fix the D instead just creating patches that handicap the offense the wildcat wouldn't be considered cheesy. Personally I like the WC...I don't use it but I love seeing it on Sundays and I even like playing against it. The problem is EA takes all the suggestions from online play and trys to correct only these problems. The approach they take makes no sense like the people abusing the flats instead of correcting the D to cover the flat better they have the back hesitating for an insane amount of time before slipping into the flats. This made every cheesy nano blitzers day because they could nano all day and that was one less counter for it. I don't like to abuse the flats but if I'm playing some cornball that wants to nano blitz me I will definately abuse the flats until they stop. The WC I don't even know what they did to that but its completely broken now and its no fun because of the restrictions placed on it. Its very basic, QB can't scramble which is a big part of passing out of the WC, and I hope they expand on it next year.
The annoying thing about the lack of scrambling is the fact that the actual play where Brown fakes the handoff to Williams and throws to the TE is actually a designed rollout!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #19
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Two things, first, no way the Miami Dolphins are wasting another high round draft pick on yet another quarterback. Henne was a 2nd, I believe, they drafted White as a Wildcat luxury, and now they're going to bring in Tebow too? I think the OP is hopeful Florida homer.

Two, I don't want hear about removing features or entire packages because they encourage cheesing ONLINE. In the real NFL, I heard a stat that Wildcat formation plays average about 5 yards per play. If running the Wildcat in a videogame results in more lopsided results, that's a programming/A.I. issue, and it means they need to fix that part of the game...NOT restrict which players you throw in the damn formation.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I personally don't think anything should be disabled online, they should just be able to write defensive AI that can deal with it.
I agree. What happen to the "If you see it on Sundays" Term EA was using? If the Wildcat is going to be in the game, then it can't be limited by programming that delays the action and slows the play down. Defenses can defend it in the NFL so they should be able to in the game. I've noticed some teams are using the Option play also Titans and Chiefs to name 2, that should be in the game as well.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 13
I finally give EA another chance (though involuntarily), and they pull this stunt...why break the Wildcat on purpose? That is just the laziest, most inane reaction to a vocal minority I've ever seen. If they were going to do this, why not give us the option not use this patch in online play (if both parties agree)? So now because a few guys hate the Wildcat, we all can't use it? Only EA would think a solution to a "problem" would be to just strip functionality from their already limited game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4
As a Dolphins fan, if we blow a draft pick on Tim Tebow for the sake of the Wildcat, ill vomit.

We need LBs, DBs and WRs. And with Henne coming into his own, the last thing we all need are more gimmicks. This is written like Pat White actually was an effective option this season (couple of good plays, but mostly useless).

As far as Madden, i dont mind if they 'put chains' on the wildcat in the game. If they let you do anything you wanted, online matches would become unplayable. Running the wildcat NOW is over-exploited in online play as it is.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #23
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
After the patch the Wildcat is virtually unuseable. I too am sick of having online play determine what is happening to my offline franchise.....I guess we know where the EA loyalty lies.
I hadn't even played it with the patch. I was talking out of box. It's even worse now?
Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 42
Tim Tebow is perfect for the wildcat. And no where else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »