Home

Breaking Down Backbreaker

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Breaking Down Backbreaker

For five years, some Madden players have annually dished out $60 to play a game they wish was simply NFL 2K5 with improved graphics. Since Electronic Arts obtained the exclusive rights to make an NFL-licensed video game, there have been several attempts by various companies to re-create a football experience sans the NFL label. We have seen new versions of the Blitz franchise as well as a new Tecmo Bowl game, but only one game, All-Pro Football 2K8, has even come close to tapping into what most gamers are looking for.

In August 2007, some were filled with hope when another football game, Backbreaker, came to the forefront. While Backbreaker started off as a nameless tech demo, NaturalMotion -- a middleware development studio that decided to try out game development -- later decided to build an entire game based on the technology used in the initial tech demo.

Read More - Breaking Down Backbreaker
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
it's still unclear to me if we will be able to recreate the NFL with the editor or just one team a la APF.....
Old 01-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Breaking Down Backbreaker

Quote:
One worry that surrounded Backbreaker for while was whether or not there would be a franchise mode. For a while there was no answer, but now there is -- Backbreaker will indeed have its own franchise mode. All the teams and players will obviously be created by NaturalMotion (32 teams in all), and you will also be able to create your own team as well. The franchise mode will be similar to the one you find in the NFL. You will have a regular season, playoffs, free agency and draft to name a few key components.

Going back to creating a team, you will have a plethora of options -- with everything from your team’s logo and colors to the naming of its roster being customizable. Certainly nobody will create their favorite NFL team with these tools at their disposal.
Bravo! This is what I have been waiting to hear!!! Thank goodness!

Old 01-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12
Free agency in franchise mode is new info to me... I'm starting to really have high hopes for the depth of franchise mode now.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 23

The developers have confirmed there are 56 default teams, not 32.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
Banned

ambelgra's Arena

OVR: 3
Sadly, without an NFL license, few will buy what looks like a great football game.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
it's still unclear to me if we will be able to recreate the NFL with the editor or just one team a la APF.....
I've been wondering about this too. I kind of think it's going to be one team, for legal reasons.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
ok so i have been following backbreaker for over 2 years....and there are a few things they still havent explained that i am very interested in.....1. how in the world are we spose to pass using the right analog stick? what if we have 2 receivers in the same area....that just doesnt seem like it will work. another is presentation........are we going to have commentary!??! or great stat overlays....ppl loved 2k5 cuz of its presentation....so u would think backbreaker would include this..but they havent mentioned it..another is....are we going to have options to change the camera angles!? if they have it as u can only run 3rd person..and do defense only how there camera lets u....this could really cut down on how many ppl buy the game if they dont like it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »