Home

Breaking Down Backbreaker

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 28
I will give this game a rent. If it is fun, I will buy....I like the fact that they aren't trying to compete with the Madden franchise as a Spring release date is excellent marketing....
Old 01-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Breaking Down Backbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
I've been wondering about this too. I kind of think it's going to be one team, for legal reasons.
legal reasons aren't an issue. I think the legal issue idea sprang up because of what 2K did. But 2K did that because they didn't want customization so deep that people could recreate the NFL. They did it not because of legal issues, but because they didn't want to "upset the NFL" (as one of the Thomas brothers said) and weaken their position to get the NFL license which was due to expire shortly at the time. Little did they know, the NFL and EA were poised to renew, which they did. It was a total loss and the gamers were the ones that got screwed by that decision... but it's ancient history now.

I'd have to believe that the BB team learned from that incredibly boneheaded mistake made by 2K and wouldn't dare repeat it. It's much too absurd to repeat, so I consider it a non-issue at the moment.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I am really looking forward to this game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
I've been wondering about this too. I kind of think it's going to be one team, for legal reasons.
As TheWatcher explained, it really isn't. If it was an issue how the hell did Forza get away with their logo editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I'd have to believe that the BB team learned from that incredibly boneheaded mistake made by 2K and wouldn't dare repeat it. It's much too absurd to repeat, so I consider it a non-issue at the moment.
You'd hope so.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
One worry that surrounded Backbreaker for while was whether or not there would be a franchise mode. For a while there was no answer, but now there is -- Backbreaker will indeed have its own franchise mode. All the teams and players will obviously be created by NaturalMotion (32 teams in all), and you will also be able to create your own team as well. The franchise mode will be similar to the one you find in the NFL. You will have a regular season, playoffs, free agency and draft to name a few key components.

YES!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #14
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
tackle alley... really? really?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #15
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Not sure what I think of the "evasive" and "aggressive" running modes. There's obviously a choice there but shouldn't player ratings determine what type of runner you are?

Who knows? Maybe there is no rating system in BB. Now that would be fresh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 10

I read someplace that they were going with some sort of blend- you'd have the numbers, and the numbers would influence so and so special abilities ala APF, and so on. I'm too much of a loser to find the quote.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »