Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-on (IGN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-on (IGN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Hands on preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
That was a horrible Hands on. No mention if they changed the animations. Last year all the players moved like robots together when the game was over or the end of an inning.

I could care less about the my player mode. I just to play a season without getting annoyed by all the bugs.
Signature Styles and a new Motion Model ensure every pitch, swing, catch, throw, steal and slide looks and feels like you’re at the ballpark.

I think they did something with them.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Dude had no clue about baseball and what to look for is the thing i got from that article.

I am sure you can still swing left and right, its just flicking left and right goes into a defensive swing, pulling back and going diagonal up are 2 different things.

We have to see though, i just dont think this dude really had a clue about the game of baseball.
No no, I understand how the defensive swing mechanic works, but what I'm saying is that the swing stick in general always used the left stick to influence what kind of hit you wanted, and not so much where you were placing the bat (zone hitting). That's the reason I want to jump to cursor if I play this game, but I don't want such an obstructive graphic.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

"the visuals have taken a bit of a hit"

thats a little disappointing...but I guess expected if they wanted to fix the framerate.

Oddly he never mentioned some of what I thought were the biggest issues in last years game...does the AI batter swing at everything? Is it too easy to pinpoint your pitches? Is it a HR fest?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #12
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Im glad they added the 40 man roster this year. I am strictly an offline franchise guy so I hope they implemented this correctly (60 day DL). I also am praying they added Rule 5, arbitration, etc.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

I just hope we get total control when editing players. Also I hope they got rid of player edit limitations. That was what kept me from buying this game last year. It sounds promising so we'll see what happens.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #14
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Sheesh, this what I don't like about IGN. They need to get a guy who actually has a clue about baseball video games. I'm looking forward to what OS has to say about this game when they get their hands on it because this IGN article is ridiculous.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #15
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't know why they give these games to people who clearly don't get what baseball is about. Drooling over a fast-play/hurry-up mode over anything else is crazy.

There are some good things to glean from this...from the obvious MLB Today and My Player features to the mention of 40-man rosters and addition of defensive swings (which they had in 2K7, I believe...press up on the swing stick).

Not sure I how I feel about Kruk. If it's a "throw to the booth" kind of deal, fine...but 3-man commentary is overrated and I don't know about him doing games/color. We'll see though...commentary is the least of my concerns either way.

Some concerns for me are the graphical hit (I thought 2K9's graphics were generally fine, but textures ranged from pretty mediocre to horrible and colors tended to be a bit washed out) and the fact that they wasted time dumbing down the pitching controls even further. Seriously...what's the point of selecting the pitch with the face button other than to avoid the missed gesture penalty? It adds an unnecessary step. IMO, if you couldn't grasp the pitching controls from 2K9, then you have no hope anyway...lol.

I'm not too concerned with the fact that there was no insight on gameplay, AI, and animation details/improvements as it's clear the reviewer had limited time with the game and wouldn't have known what to look for anyway.

At least it's some info though.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 01-13-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: fixed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #16
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

The pitching controls sound lame. I hope there's an option to use 2k8's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »