Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Preview (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Preview (Kotaku) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Kotaku Preview

This is visual concepts 2nd year with the game. 2k9 was a mess but did some things right and just took an open mind much like nba live 09. It seems like they are addressing the major issues as far as stadiums, overall graphics and ironing out the gameplay and just overhauling the game. I like what they said about pitching and how it should induce more walks. I'm also really liking what they are saying about batting being more sensitive and the camera angle also sounds great. They've also overhauled the stadiums and overall graphics. The fielding and animations also sound much improved. The Show is really polishing road to the show and their game overall and is really getting into the details. I dont expect the same detail, but this might be the year where 2k at least gets the big things right. The my player mode will probably be good for example but wont have teh same depth or attention to detail. But if it's anything like nba 2k10's offering it still should be pretty deep minus some glitchy crap. At least that's the impression I got from reading that. I'll take a solid baseball game witha different feel to the show. This is the 2nd year in a development cycle it sounds like. Usually it takes 3 or 4 years before they really start polishing the game off. At least they are addressing the issues and complaints and are overhauling the game instead of the opposite.

Last edited by kgisbeast; 01-23-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

sounds pretty good. i do still wish MLB the show was on xbox, but i think 2k may just not be a disappointment this year.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
The preview is a good and honest assessment of what Owen played last week.

The visual improvements must come across better in motion than they do in stills; Owen says the 2K10 does not look as nice as Sony's offering, but says the improvements to the players, stadiums and animation "get it in the discussion."

I am also excited about the changes in game play. Despite the lack of check swings, I like this year's hit stick. It makes sense to me. I am also happy I will no longer throw the wrong pitch. Some gestures (curve/slider) are too similar for me in 2K9.

Owen admits 2K10 will not unseat The Show as a "best in class offering," but it does sound like the game is solid.
sounds intriguing, i HOPE us PS3 owners will get this title on par w/ or CLOSE to the 360
anyone heard anything on the PS3 version? thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
sounds intriguing, i HOPE us PS3 owners will get this title on par w/ or CLOSE to the 360
anyone heard anything on the PS3 version? thanks
its called " MLB the SHow"!!> nah, im joking, but i would think since u have ps3, u would get the show
Old 01-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeMiKaL
its called " MLB the SHow"!!> nah, im joking, but i would think since u have ps3, u would get the show
Ah hell yeah...The Shows already there dawg, I'm just wantin' a little competition...both games got their own thang...ya dig?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #14
Rookie

yea i got you.

all of the people who dont have ps3, are really hoping 2k pulls through
Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #15
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Excellent read.. and from someone who was critical of 2k9. (who wasn't )

Pitching and hitting both seem improved and I like the "eye" feature.

It might not be perfect, but if it's fun and the results seem like it's me making them happen, I'll give it a fair shake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Read the article...sounds promising. All I want is simulation baseball - hopefully this game is getting closer to that. No doubt we'll be playing with sliders, but if the major glitches are gone (ie. too many strikes thrown, outfielders dropping fly balls) and we have more freedom to edit players, i'm liking what i'm hearing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »