Home

Madden NFL 11 Super Bowl Halftime Blog Possible?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Super Bowl Halftime Blog Possible? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 02:50 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11 Super Bowl Halftime Blog Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
^^ Can't we at least get a good offline first?
All I'm saying is that online should have everything offline has... I don't think that's too outlandish. In my mind, that would seem like a "minor" improvement, considering NCAA online dynasty is "fully-featured" when compared to NCAA's offline dynasty.

#GoPackGo
Old 01-26-2010, 03:48 AM   #18
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
franchise
Old 01-26-2010, 03:50 AM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I think we need to realize that a halftime blog would be a somewhat minor thing, comparable perhaps to last year's Procedural Awareness blog. This early in the cycle, it's tough to drop big news when you're not even sure what'll make the final game. I could see a follow up to last year, showing how PA has been expanded, whether it's become functional rather than simply cosmetic (as was hinted last year).

Alright, so, what do I think? If I were in Ian's position, I'd use it as an opportunity to set the tone for 2011 and do a bit of a Madden 10 retrospective, revisiting the theme "Everything you see on Sunday". Look back at 10, identify what you accomplished and where you feel you fell short, and end the whole thing with one small way you're working toward that same theme. This is really about the 'what' rather than the 'how'. Here's what I'm happy with about '10, here's where I am not happy, and here's what we're focusing on. Then use that as a jumping off point for the blogs the rest of the way out.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13
I'm encouraged that he apparently has something to blog about on all those topics.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4
A new Backbreaker trailer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 05:36 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

A new, built from scratch locomotion system.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Cummings Twitter
*IF* I did do a M11 SB halftime blog (not saying I am), what would u like to see featured? Gameplay? Franchise? Presentation? Online? Other?
Wow I feel super pumped all of a sudden

Id hope for it to be one of the following:

Presenatation: Game Atmosphere: Madden is really lacking in this department, the stadiums feel to empty. Crowds need to be moving more or waving towels and yelling. Sidelines need to be more busy and interactive. You want to hear your QB yelling and waving his arms frantically to leadhis team down the field. So if it's presentation I hope it touches on atmosphere.

Gameplay: Id just be happy to hear that blocking has been tuned even better or suction passes/tackles have gone.

Franchise: This could be a likely option. He could maybe fit it in on the past few weeks. "So your team has been eliminated and now is looking to the draft to improve for next season.etc etc...". So I'm hoping it's draft news, more realistic sim stats or progression.

Don't really care for online.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Game play in the trenches that's all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »