Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm21
maybe Upton was stealing home and the one who was up at the plate threw his bat at Posada before he could tag him out!
Haha Like Delmon Young a few years ago.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 15

"So Ben, with the disappointment that was 2k10 how can gamers trust 2k11 will be any better".

"Well Jon by having had two full years of development or is it six now, lol, we've been able to really get a handle on this game".
Old 01-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Hopefully Jon got a Beta Copy & will post some more information like he does every year about his SF Franchise.

Quote:
Robinson: Getting back to the gameplay, last year there were so many glitches, how did you address the A.I. concerns? Is there a new engine?

Bishop: I wouldn't say that it's a completely new engine, but there are definitely some areas that we went in and started from scratch. Fielding was a big one we pretty much redid the entire system. We put a lot more resources into just making the A.I. better. We also added more animations than we ever had before, trying to cover any situation that might come up just so it looks smoother. We have spent a lot more time polishing this year, where we didn't really have that luxury last year because everything came to us so late. This year feels much more like a natural cycle where we've not only been able to add all of these things and fill some holes, but we've had the time to really make them stand out and play the way we want them to.
This for me is very encouraging because VC is very good @ animations & boy was this game in need of new animations..

Hopefully we can get Chase's write-up soon...
Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 14

With regards to fielding "we pretty much redid the entire system." That makes me feel a bit better about this game.

Honestly, for me, if they just fixed the crap that was wrong in 2k9 (notably, fielding, hitters swinging at everything, franchise bugs) and not introduce any other crap that breaks the game, I'd be happy. I'll deal with the chalk lines and bats left in the batter's box, I guess

But all these words are just pretty tidings until March comes. Last year, 2k9 was supposed to be great, now this year we hear about how "challenging" a project 2k9 was, but 2k10 is gonna be great. miamimarlins was dead on. Come on, 2k. I hope this year is good.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Old 01-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

Even if it isn't a good game this year. I'll still be buying MLB 2k11, I can't live without mlb games, love the game of baseball too much.

(Follow me on Twitter!)
http://www.twitter.com/Jerm_Weiner[b]

-I run on Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots.
-MLB 2K, NBA 2K, and Madden fan only.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 36

I haven't seen a mention of RTP anywhere. I hope it's still in there. I did notice the dugouts being filled so I assume it is still there.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Nope, the "defensive swings" is your count worker. Not cool. Not realistic. Will be redundant very fast IMO.
Yeah, in practise Bishop's philosophy is when you're ahead in the count lay off, when you're behind use the defensive swing to stay alive. Call it simulation.....
My only hope now is that they kept the check swing in classic hitting (A button).
Old 01-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #24
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

wow. leadership 101--blame everyone else for every problem. How many times in that interview did he mention they got the game late, they didn't get full time with it, its someone elses fault it stunk,etc? Thats the head guy? This is the "leader 2k sports put their mlb franchise behind? Im sorry, but the guy needs to go to some classes or something. the excuses, regardless if they are factual or not, are pointless at this point. I'm telling you guys, just from, his answers and attitude, dont expect much from this game.

I know im going off a bit for no reason, but it angers me that these dudes are in this position and cant even man up. I want a dude running things who stands up and says "we have faultered in the past, but we cant sit here and dwell, we have to move forward. from here on out, its on me. Next question.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »