Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands On

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands On within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #17
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: OS: Major League Baseball 2K10 Preview (PS3)

Nice read thank you Chase. I am definitely going to give the game a test drive this year!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #18
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Soxfan, I'm fairly certain fielder turbo hasn't been in since 2K7. Also not to nitpick Chase, but the stealing mechanic he mentions is not new either. Your runner would go when you released the trigger last year too, so you couldn't preload steals in 2K9 either, but hopefully stealing is more solid and smooth this year.
Hmm...you may be right. I mostly passed over 2K8 and put 2K9 down fairly early, so maybe I "misremembered"

You're right about the steals too. Very frustrating. I LOVE the concept though. If they got rid of the delay and made it more responsive it could be a big plus for the series IMO.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #19
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
You're right about the steals too. Very frustrating. I LOVE the concept though. If they got rid of the delay and made it more responsive it could be a big plus for the series IMO.
That and the auto picks by the pitcher once you exceeded a three step lead, IMO, killed the system. My guys getting back standing up from a three step lead on a lefty with a "slow as molasses" move to first and if I try to extend my lead to a fourth step, I draw an infinite amount of automatic throws over from the pitcher. As if he didn't realize the last 5 times he tried that weak sauce move it wasn't even close...so hey, lets try it again.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
As always Chase thanks again. I am optimistic from your preview, that the series is finally heading in the right direction. Glad to hear once again that the team really did a lot of polishing & fine-tuning this time around.

I am really forward to seeing these NEW ANIMATIONS in action. 1 thing VC is very good @ is creating really solid animations. Looks like we just might have a very playable game this year.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #21
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
I was impressed with the recently posted trailer. Game, to me looks great visually as I don't expect absolute perfection in every detail (it's a video game). I liked what I saw, a lot/ Only drawback for me, the check swing......Is it still in CLASSIC swing mode? Or has it been taken out completely?

I don't want to start a debate about how it's not needed, how it is needed, as that is up to the gamer who is playing and spending his dough, but some confirmation if it's totally out.
Looked good for the most part, but I still see a bit of the jerky movement showing it's ugly head still, not as bad as years past, but I still see it.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 13
I hope that the CPU AI didn't remove the CPU pitcher after about 4 innings of work while having only thrown 40-50 pitches. :-)

All-in-all, I'm looking forward to this game as I saw the potential in MLB2K9 (even through all of the bugs and glitches). Keeping my fingers crossed.

BigBlue
Old 01-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 13
Chase, you didn't mention anything about presentation. Rumor has it that there'll be an MLB Today feature like the NBA game. Any thoughts on commentary, in between innings boxscores, post game wrapups?

BigBlue
Old 01-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8
i'm interested in knowing if the fielding camera has been lowered, or if there are more than one fielding camera now? I hated last year's cam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »