Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight: MLB Today

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight: MLB Today within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight: MLB Today

2K Sports has just posted another Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight. This one features MLB Today.

Quote:
"The MLB Today screen has several sub-pages of stats from the real life Major League Baseball that you guys watch and love. It’s like having your favorite sports website integrated into your Internet-connected console playing your MLB 2K10 game. The main view shows you the starting pitcher for each team and two other key players for the game you have highlighted. Other sub-pages include a team leaders page, a team comparison page and a yesterday’s scores page. The team comparison page shows the current series results, which team their next series is against, and team performance info such as “BA of .308 over the last 6 games”. And if that’s not enough, from the MLB Today screen, you can access the MLB Today nav screen and access box scores, player stats, team stats and league standings. All this data will be real-world Major League Baseball data from the 2010 and previous seasons.

Awesome, right? But that’s just the start. Now that your game and your league are synched up, the door is thrown open for dynamic commentary and presentation that’s based on what’s happening in the real Major League Baseball. Throughout the season you’ll experience intelligent commentary that not only keeps you informed on the ACTUAL latest league happenings, but also keeps track of your team info as well. Examples include knowing your team just swept a three game series, knowing your third baseman went off for five hits and a couple bombs in the road win against the Dodgers Thursday night and that he’s hitting a cool .313 this season, knowing this is the first of a four game series between the two teams, and that your season series stands at an even 4-4."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Sorry guys. When I merged it, there was an error and it whacked the entire thread. ESHHHH.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight: MLB Today

Lol c'mon Steve be honest, you just wanted credit for the thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Reading the article, I was thinking - "why would anyone care to have your games synched to real life MLB?" Then I got to the part where it said the same MLB Today stuff will synch to your Franchise's data. THAT is cool.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

I think it's great if it works correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I think it's great if it works correctly.
It works correctly in NBA, so its more then likely going to work for the MLB game. I am pretty sure the same dudes that did the NBA one are doing the MLB one.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Good stuff. If its glitchless gameplay & franchise, they might have put together a good game this year.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 01-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

This is one of my most anticipated features. Anything to make the commentary less repetitive. Combined with the million dollar contest, I just might buy the game this year.

I wish there was video with this, like they showed last year with the zero stitch commentary.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »