Home

How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11 (IGN)

This is a discussion on How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11 (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11 (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I think seeing the reaction on OS to a gatorade dump mini-game and being able to say it was IGN's idea might be worth the time to build it.

When are you gonna get some real "football" presentation? I'd like to see a lot of fanfair like the UEFA CL vid. Can't ESPN or the NFL give you guys some prime stock footage where you could build a snazzy SB intro. Not saying this year wasn't a huge, I mean huge upgrade, but NBA Live had the playoff intros with the starting lineups and then, well you see the CL stuff. Time to boost the presention up another notch! But I will say that you guys have beat Fifa in the presentaion dept. by a country mile.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Make the whole season in general more exciting. Whether you add NFL.com headlines (Nba 2K10), or bring back some sort of weekly radio show..seasons in Madden just bore the hell out of me.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I think seeing the reaction on OS to a gatorade dump mini-game and being able to say it was IGN's idea might be worth the time to build it.

LMAO!

You can then point the people back to this thread and make them put their foot in their mouth.

Last edited by bang911; 02-01-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #12
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I just don't think Tom Hammond is the right guy. Maybe he didn't take his voice overs seriously this past year..but he's pretty terrible. Gotta put up with him screaming 'END ZOOOOONE' on every pass to the end zone from 25 yards out. My friend and I actually joke about it, sounds like he's taking a crap or something. But yeah Hammond needs to go, Collinsworth isn't bad at times. Oh, and they need to remove that Ask Madden audio where you can be up 42-10 and Madden will comment about it being a two score game or something. I wish they would give you the option to turn the Ask Madden audio off like NCAA has. Would be a welcome addition. The fact that I'm still playing this game obviously tells you I hold it in high regards, but there are areas for definite improvement. I really like how they improved the draft this year, it's pretty addictive. Free agency and re-signing players however needs some work. A player shouldn't decline a massive contract to re-sign with me then take half of what I offered from another team. Or at least it should be very rare, it happens almost every year. Wide receivers need to be alot more aggressive with the ball in the air, they just kind of wait back for it, I really hope they address the WR/DB interactions and of course, improve the OL play..which is still a very real problem in the game. It was better this year, but still not great. All in all the guys at EA should feel proud of this game, for the first time in the nex gen console era they produced a very, very good football sim, at least in my humble opinion.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: IGN: How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm gonna try and post some footage I captured of PES2010 and the Champions League intro. Hopefully it won't get shot down by the YouTube police. But that's the kind of Presentation that Madden team needs to strive for. The Super Bowl is as much about pageantry as about football, if not more.....

Here's a bit that I found on YouTube. This is championship-level presentation. And it only part of it.
Man, that was chilling.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #14
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: IGN: How to Make the Super Bowl Cool in Madden NFL 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
I second that. Damn.
dude if that was possible on madden i would need some heavy meds to calm me down. not only was it hard as hell to hear the announcers but they had freakin people waving the flags in the background. every goal hurt my ears i had to turn the volume down on my computer
Old 02-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 28

The presentation has to more than just "exist". The cut scenes need to be in the correct context. I don't want to see them like I did in Madden 10 (for the brief time I had the game). If Tony Romo is carted off the field, I don't want to see a cut scene one play later with him standing on the sideline talking on the phone to the booth upstairs. You don't just add the presentation for presentation sake. It needs to fit, like you are watching a real game, it needs to have context. The announcers need to make comments about what is actually happening on the field, use the telestrator, talk about how a key injury in the game is really going to affect (or not affect) a certain team, etc. etc. The list goes on. Play 2k5 and you will see what I am saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 03:32 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

This year was a massive upgrade but it could be much better. I'd like to see first of all, accurate rotation in terms of the home team, not team with the best record. I think just more cutscenes (& postgame audio) would be great. Not sure how much goes into doing the cutscenes but that's my thoughts.

For the pre-game: start off with shots of the stadium & commentators talking about the game & matchup, then have both teams running onto the field, not just one, national anthem & flyover etc, then have players walking up to the coin toss & have the commisioner doing the toss then onto the game. Overall this could take a minute or two & be skippable up to the toss.

During the game on the sidelines have the media part of the field next to the benches & endzones filled up with photographers etc. Plus cheerleaders of course.

For halftime the actual show may be a bit of a challenge to integrate so just something little like both teams running to the lockers & the stage beginning to be built as Hammond's replacement throws to the studio. Normally I just choose an artist & do a playlist on my ipod anyway.

After the game it's the right idea what's in 10 but just more is needed, more scenes, more excitement, more noise & more time they take up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »