Home

Quick Hit Football Rolls Out Virtual Goods System, Incentives For All Coaches

This is a discussion on Quick Hit Football Rolls Out Virtual Goods System, Incentives For All Coaches within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Quick Hit Football Rolls Out Virtual Goods System, Incentives For All Coaches

QUICK HIT’S DRAFT DAY:
SIGN BARRY SANDERS, WARREN MOON, ‘THE FRIDGE’
AND OTHERS ONTO YOUR QUICK HIT FOOTBALL TEAM

Quick Hit Rolls Out Virtual Goods System and Offers Super Bowl Week Incentives for New and Existing Coaches

FOXBORO, MA – February 1, 2010 – Quick Hit, Inc. (“Quick Hit”), a leading developer and publisher of free, online social sports games, today announced that it launched a new virtual goods system to the game which allows users to purchase items, namely some of football’s greatest pro players, greatly enhancing the breadth and depth of Quick Hit Football
. The company also announced two new promotions for Super Bowl week; one for new players and one for existing players. New players, who create a team between 2/1/10 and 2/8/10, will receive $5.00 of free in-game currency to improve their teams. Current players can enter the Mega Bowl, which dares them to beat the game’s nine Pro Coaches in an effort to win $10.00 worth free virtual goods.

“Imagine coaching a team with the likes of Barry Sanders, Christian Okoye, or Ed “Too Tall” Jones on your roster,” said Jeffrey Anderson, founder and CEO of Quick Hit. “The community has been clamoring for ways to get these legendary players on their teams and we’re excited to give them a way to play with these pros. We also just added more than 30 new legends to the hundred plus already in the game, some of whom are available on the free agent wire now.”

Quick Hit players can buy or earn legends for their team, using the game’s virtual currency, Coaching Points (CP). Users can acquire CP by playing the game to draft new legends and train up players or they can visit the store and buy CP in denominations ranging from $1 to $20. The first phase of the draft offers 19 legends including: Barry Sanders, James Lofton, Greg Lloyd, Mike Alstott, Mark ‘Super’ Duper and more.

Gamers sometimes have concerns when virtual goods are introduced, wondering how it might affect the game’s balance. Quick Hit Football’s CP system was developed in a way that keeps the game fair, regardless of whether a Coach levels up by playing the game or purchasing points. Salary caps, improved match-making and fantasy point bonuses are just some of the solutions the development team built into the game to maintain an even playing field.

“Quick Hit brings an authentic, but more casual spin to football video games that I think has been missing,” said Christian Okoye, former NFL running back. “I love seeing more ways for football fans to get engaged with the sport. Being one of the legends featured in Quick Hit Football gave me a chance to get back on the gridiron – and now you can draft me to your team, so hit the wire!”

To see all the pro legends currently available for draft, click here.
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Quick Hit Football Rolls Out Virtual Goods System, Incentives For All Coaches

Fun game, but I wish they would've just made another All Pro Football instead.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Quick Hit Football Rolls Out Virtual Goods System, Incentives For All Coaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Fun game, but I wish they would've just made another All Pro Football instead.
Of course. I try not to think about it... it's depressing

This game is alright though. It is taking some decent strides towards fun.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »