Home

MLB '10: The Show - Online Play (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Online Play (Gamespot) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
MLB '10: The Show - Online Play (Gamespot)

Gamespot continues its week of MLB '10: The Show in this online play article.

Quote:
"Despite the sport's relatively sluggish pace, timing is more important in baseball than arguably any other sport. That goes double for video game baseball, where network lag or frame rate issues can severely spoil the pitcher/batter duel that is so integral to the sport. The team is looking to address these lag issues with tech that would better respond to bad network connections and a variable frame rate system that would keep the speed of the game consistent where lag would normally rear its ugly head. I didn't get to play the game online and can't comment on how successful those solutions will be at improving the online performance. One goal that the team has clearly met, however, is in improving the presentation of MLB 10's online suite of features."
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Gamespot: MLB 10 the Show "Online"

Thank You
Old 02-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Thanks for the post.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Pro

I'm gonna kind of miss the rating system that was in place. I know its flawed but I used that to determine who I would play. Thats how I kept a 5 star rating cuz I would only play people that had great reputation from comments left.

Now with the new sportsmanship rating the people with multiple accounts will just get their rating up easily and you'll have no idea that he is a respectable player.

Please tell me there is more to the new sportsmanship rating other than just not trying to head hunt or not finishing the game because to me that would seem even more flawed. Hope I'm missing something here.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
I'm gonna kind of miss the rating system that was in place. I know its flawed but I used that to determine who I would play. Thats how I kept a 5 star rating cuz I would only play people that had great reputation from comments left.

Now with the new sportsmanship rating the people with multiple accounts will just get their rating up easily and you'll have no idea that he is a respectable player.

Please tell me there is more to the new sportsmanship rating other than just not trying to head hunt or not finishing the game because to me that would seem even more flawed. Hope I'm missing something here.

There are other parameters as well but I do not remember them at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

The sportsmanship rating system is a good idea.. I had one guy accuse me of cheating, then quit, because I hit one - yea, one - home run on 'im.

I barely play online, but that may change with MLB 10.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
Pro

Nemesis -

Thanks for your online write-up. Basically confirming that there is indeed an icon for the mic and that they were working on re-mapping the button.

I hope we can get confirmation on the resetting of a game. Crossing fingers here.

Also intrigued by possible other paramaters for sportsmanship. Trying to think what else the game could decide on a person's behavior other than pulling the plug perhaps...?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
There are other parameters as well but I do not remember them at the moment.
From what I understand after reading the article, the rating will be based on how the game is played, they will somehow monitor the actions taken during the game. The mentioned if you go headhunting or quitting games early. Not sure what other criteria they will look at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »