Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Preview (Gamepro)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Preview (Gamepro) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #9
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Preview (Gamepro)

It is almost as if there is an embargo on talking about game-play.

Every preview is saying the same thing. Talking about the fluff, and no direct details on game-play and how it was improved or not over last year.

Getting very redundant. And hope it isn't held out until the last second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Anyone notice that you never see a preview that says anything about how bad the game is? I'm not saying that this game will be bad, but I really think we need to take these previews with a grain of salt.

I have read so many previews that have pumped me up for a game, only to be let down time and time again. I guess the main point would be GIVE US GAMEPLAY!!!
Yes, I get highly suspicious of previews that don't touch base on both sides of the spectrum. And no game-play talks at all, seems every single preview is "spoon-fed" since they all say the same thing, just different sentence structures.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 02-04-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gamepro preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I don't think we're gonna see some gameplay video before mid-february, probably the game is still under development (85% build?!?) and unpresentable at the moment.
While you are probably right about the time frame on gameplay vids, I can almost guarantee that the games code has been locked or will be in the next few days.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #11
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Anyone notice that you never see a preview that says anything about how bad the game is? I'm not saying that this game will be bad, but I really think we need to take these previews with a grain of salt.

I have read so many previews that have pumped me up for a game, only to be let down time and time again. I guess the main point would be GIVE US GAMEPLAY!!!
Hey maybe just maybe they fixed what was wrong with the gameplay from last year. Anyway yes bring on some gameplay vids
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #12
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:

Lol no joke. If I based my buying decisions off of previews, I'd be preordering every game that's coming out. It's almost like previews even go the extra step to build up a game, as opposed to just simply telling us how things are coming along.

Very deceiving :P

Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 AM   #13
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol no joke. If I based my buying decisions off of previews, I'd be preordering every game that's coming out. It's almost like previews even go the extra step to build up a game, as opposed to just simply telling us how things are coming along.

Very deceiving :P
Exactly.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #14
Rookie

indigence's Arena

OVR: 10

I will be buying the show the morning of Mar 2nd. VC will have to prove to me they can make a competent baseball title before I consider buying MLB2K again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
“A man may be an heretic in the truth, and if he believes things only because his pastor says so, or the assembly so determines, without knowing other reason, though his belief be true, yet the very truth he holds becomes his heresy.”
John Milton
Old 02-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigence
I will be buying the show the morning of Mar 2nd. VC will have to prove to me they can make a competent baseball title before I consider buying MLB2K again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
You've made a few posts like this in the 2K forum. We get it; you won't be burned again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 AM   #16
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
You've made a few posts like this in the 2K forum. We get it; you won't be burned again.

Please don't bring their forums dirty laundry over here. Especially a fan forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »