Home

Meet Joe Mauer, Your MLB '10: The Show Cover Athlete w/ Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Meet Joe Mauer, Your MLB '10: The Show Cover Athlete w/ Gameplay Video within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Meet Joe Mauer, Your MLB '10: The Show Cover Athlete w/ Gameplay Video

Agree on everything. Looks great in motion. Can't wait to see more HD vids in the next few weeks.

One issue, I wanted to ask Jim or the others who played it if the broadcast cam is basically what was used in this video? I applaud the devs for adding the extra cam we all have been asking for, but is it once again going to be watching the ball shadow primarily, and not seeing the ball (fly balls, not grounders or line drives obviously)?
Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Is it possible to patch the camera switching before contact?
Old 02-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Agree on everything. Looks great in motion. Can't wait to see more HD vids in the next few weeks.

One issue, I wanted to ask Jim or the others who played it if the broadcast cam is basically what was used in this video? I applaud the devs for adding the extra cam we all have been asking for, but is it once again going to be watching the ball shadow primarily, and not seeing the ball (fly balls, not grounders or line drives obviously)?
wouldn't the cam have to be right behind the ball for this to happen? that's not a broadcast cam. sounds like you want a ball cam.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #20
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

The RTP looks fantastic! I may not use fast play this year for a change.

The only concern I have is the little "hitch" where there's a delay from when the player is throwing the ball and the ball actually comes out.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

looks amazing. dont like how you cant tell where the ball is going off the bat though. It cuts away to the fielding camera way too quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Mauer taking biiig sips of the show kool aid, His favorite word in describing the show is Realistic or Realism. Russell, you must tell him that the slogan is "nothing gets you closer", these pokes are made in jest, but Mauer is placing lofty praise on the show, it better live up to his claims.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #23
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldu
wouldn't the cam have to be right behind the ball for this to happen? that's not a broadcast cam. sounds like you want a ball cam.
Yeah, I don't really get what he's asking for. The only way to let this work is if the landing area (and preferably your fielder) can still be in view, and on fly balls at this angle, this can only happen if you zoom out the camera very much, in which case you probably wouldn't be able to see the ball anyway.

But it would be nice if next year they give us a broadcast camera stationed higher up in the stands (very similar to the replay angle they gave us last year and will likely be in this year according to that Yankees CES gameplay video), only again... more focused on the fielder than the ball. Especially when always centered, this would give us a better sense of the field's overall depth and where we're running/how close the ball is to us as a fielder. Not only that, but maybe it would allow for it to track the ball and fielder in a decent manner for those low fly balls (or rising liners, or whatever).

Though they did say it will follow the ball on no-doubter home runs. How that will work out exactly remains to be seen.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

I think he's asking for Blimp cam.

Anyways, the video looked really good. Very realistic.

PS5/PSN: myghty

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »