Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 First Look Impressions and Screenshots (IGN, Gamespot)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 First Look Impressions and Screenshots (IGN, Gamespot) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
UFC Undisputed 2010 First Look Impressions and Screenshots (IGN, Gamespot)

Both IGN and Gamespot have given their first look impressions of UFC Undisputed 2010. Plenty of good information here.

New screenshots, can be found here.

UFC Undisputed 2010 First Look @ IGN

Quote:
"Moments ago, the company ran UFC Undisputed 2010 through its first public match – Mike Swick versus Paulo Thiago – and although the gameplay demo was extremely short, THQ promised and showcased some really good stuff. For starters and piggybacking off of my complaint, the static animations of 2009 are gone. When your fighters are in the prone position or mid-hold, they're not just sitting there -- they're living and breathing. You'll see your arm struggle against a hold as you try and break it, there are transitions between takedowns, and – thank the Lord – there are cage moves. This year, if you're good enough, you're going to be able to slam coverboy Brock Lesnar up against the chain link and wail on his ribcage.

You can switch to the southpaw stance if you click in on the right joystick, the fight animations have been quadrupled, the clinch has been reanimated, the number of front submissions have been doubled, there's a new targeting system, and there are individual submissions like B.J. Penn's arm trap. Not enough octagon goodness? THQ has added karate, Greco-Roman wrestling, and Sambo fighting styles while doing away with archetypes for fighters – created fighters will now use individual movesets."

UFC Undisputed 2010 First Look @ Gamespot

Quote:
"The gameplay demo featured fighters Mike Swick and Paulo Thiago and covered a lot of ground specifically designed to show off a bunch of the game's new features, including fighting against the cage, a revamped submission system, and a tweaked control scheme. In terms of the cage, the main point discussed revolved around how the cage will affect striking power. In the demo, Thiago was shoved against the cage by Swick and tried some leg kicks while pinned against the cage; the angle of his body against the cage, however, didn't allow him to get full extension and, as a result, his kicks were much weaker than normal. On the other hand, using the additional leverage available to him, Swick was able to land much harder punches on Thiago. You'll also be able to do takedowns off the cage--during the demo, Dravinski performed a single-leg takedown on Thiago, ending up on the ground on top of Thiago in half guard."

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 First Look Impressions (IGN, Gamespot)

Things that stuck out to me.

-Wow 100 plus fighters all photo realistic. No more ugly versions of Kampmann and other midlevel fighters. New res added

-Swaying and weaving has been added.

-The Buffer 180 is in the game!

Last edited by aholbert32; 02-06-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 First Look Impressions (IGN, Gamespot)

Cool, nice improvements. Will probably end up gettin this since I thoroughly enjoyed 09.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 First Look Impressions and Screenshots (IGN, Gamespot)

Quote:
-- While THQ wasn't talking career mode tonight, one detail caught my eye as it flashed by on the main menu screen as a hint of what to expect from career mode. It seems that disrespecting a fighter before a fight "will gain you more popularity and will also negatively affect relationships". Just what this means and how this will work in the game is unclear but, from the sounds of things, it seems that career mode will be significantly more robust than in 2009.
This game sounds awesome.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

This game sounds really promising. Adding karate, greco-roman wrestling, and sambo will be cool as well. Cant wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9
I'm so excited that they're basically making the styles just wording so now you'll be able to have a guy throwing heavy hooks that can throw high kicks as well. No more generic kickboxer guys who all fight like Chuck Liddell.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

Looks and sounds like enough of an upgrade for me to buy.

I really, really hope the AI is 100x better, though - because I want a challenge in single player. That's where I do most of my gaming, but I had to look online for a challenge.

edit: oh, and Thiago Silva looks bad *** in that shot.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 02-06-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

This will definitely be a day 1 purchase for me. I really hope that they implement some sort of manual replay system. I would love to be able to watch relay's, take snap shot's and download them like we can in other sports games.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »