Home

MLB '10: The Show - Online Play (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Online Play (Gamespot) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #25
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Online Play (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeeds
Does anyone feel that catchers could have done a better job at blocking and smothering low pitches in the dirt, instead of letting so many go by as wild pitches ? ( even good defensive catchers )

Anything mentioned about this ?
They said this was addressed since the ball collision detection that exists now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #26
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeeds
Does anyone feel that catchers could have done a better job at blocking and smothering low pitches in the dirt, instead of letting so many go by as wild pitches ? ( even good defensive catchers )

Anything mentioned about this ?
Yeah, Knight has touched on this numreous times (they're just lost in the mix) a search would probably help you finding it. But it sounds as if this year is gonna be much better.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
Yeah, Knight has touched on this numreous times (they're just lost in the mix) a search would probably help you finding it. But it sounds as if this year is gonna be much better.
Yea, i would check out the replay ( to see wtf happened ), and the damn catcher wouldn't even turn his glove the right way to block the ball !
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Gamespot: MLB 10 the Show "Online"

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanahd
Bingo..

PLus they should temporary ban the MAC address (24, 48 hrs) of people that is constantly pulling - this will increase the percentage of completed games IMO
Um... no? I think you mean "IP address banning" since I doubt PSN has the ability to do MAC address scraping from my router. If PSN does keep some sort of link table internally that corresponds with MAC addresses while shipped this is also easily evadable since... the PSN comes stock with 2 network adapters, which means 2 separate MAC addresses...

...and even IP address banning is not the answer here. Let me explain why in an anecdotal manner - okay I have a 13 year old and a 7 year old. Now lets say we have two ps3s in the house - one for each of them! Pretty sweet, huh? Well, they're all home one afternoon and all playing The Show online against different people (I have a nice internet connection, but this is a hypothetical anyway...) My 7 year old rage quits for some silly reason. Suddenly, my 13 year old is banned and cannot complete his game. Why? Because the two PS3's have the same IP address as far as PSN is concerned.

Okay, so let's take it a step further and say they develop some sort of "token" system that allows them to temporarily revoke the login status and "lock out" my 7 year old's PS3 from PSN but not my 13 year old's. What about if I wanted to play a game / buy some stuff on the 7 year old's PS3 online -- under my (different) user ID? Talk about angry customers...

So we're back to username-level bans which are easily evaded since PSN IDs are so easy to create. The answer is to play responsibly. Don't be a jerk about it. Count quits when the user leaves a game prematurely as losses and leave it at that. I'm willing to give the new sportsmanship rating a try if it allows for negatively rating users who drop off early when they're losing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »