Home

NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10
NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer)

After all the rumors, it has become official.

Source: Gameinformer - EA Sports Confirms NCAA Basketball Benching

Quote:
"Looking over the list of list of Electronic Arts titles planned for release during the next fiscal year, one sports franchise is notably absent. Today EA Sports senior director of communications David Tinson confirmed that NCAA Basketball has fouled out of the lineup. “We do not have an NCAA Basketball game in development at this time, and we’re currently reviewing the future of our NCAA Basketball business," he said. "This was a difficult decision, but we remain a committed partner to the NCAA and its member institutions.”

Tinson also told Game Informer that the move to shut down NCAA will not result in another round of layoffs. Instead, the development team has been integrated into other projects. EA Canada still has two basketball games in development, with NBA Live and the recently announced resurrection of NBA Jam."

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Vanman2425's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: It's official, EA Sports is dropping NCAA Basketball

Now us Big 10 fans are going to be stuck with the most inaccuracies of any of the major BCS conferences.

My school, the University of Minnesota won't have the correct uniforms, or an accurate depiction of Williams Arena.

Ohio State will be stuck with the floor they haven't used for about 4 years

Wrong uniforms for Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois. All of which have been incorrect for at least 2 years.

Wrong floors for Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, and Minnesota (altough that was new this year.)

The same problems that have been in this game for years looks like will live on forever, damnit. I was hoping some of this stuff would eventually get fixed, I guess not though.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports Confirms NCAA Basketball Benching (Gameinformer)

Old 02-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled (Gameinformer)

Terrible confirmation......

To say they still have two games! Live and stupid, and terrible on 1 console NBA Jam, isn't considered two games.

All they have is Live 10. NBA Jam is going to bomb big time, from everything I've seen and read, it's crap! And Wii exclusive was a bad idea. I mean even as a PSN or XBL game would have been more profitable.

Farewell NCAA BB series, now I have a million reasons to be angry at EA Canada! And the suits at EA Sports have officially pissed me off to new heights!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
This is wonderful news.The door is begining to open.College basketball deserves an accurate representation.Its not like EA's latest offering was as bas as the year before.However it was very clear their heart was just not in it.If it takes a couple years to get a decent title then so be it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by a walrus
This is wonderful news.The door is begining to open.
I agree, I hope some other company(or companies) decides to make a college basketball game. Although I don't know how likely that is, since it's obviously not financially successful with the way it's been dropped by two companies in the past 3 years. I mean I really liked NCAA 10, but EA did not support it at all, and that's why I'm glad they're canceling it. There was no way I was ever buying another EA basketball game after that.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I can't see why anybody would be happy about this. This means that we won't be seeing a new college basketball title in quite a while, since 2K is not at all interested in developing another College Hoops.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

its not wonderful news. its a sad day for sports gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »