Home

NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled (Gameinformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
I can't see why anybody would be happy about this. This means that we won't be seeing a new college basketball title in quite a while, since 2K is not at all interested in developing another College Hoops.
I should probably clarify my post. I'm happy about it if another company decides to make a college basketball game. If no other company decides to make one, then it sucks for the people who were looking forward to another EA college basketball game, but I wouldn't even give it a look becuase of the lack of support on 10.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Ea still owns the exclusive NCAA basketball license, as has we have been over in many threads. There is no chance of seeing any college basketball game next year unless something changes.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
nope its still great news.I would rather not see one> then see a 1/2 *** one every year.Its always good news when any company acknowledges its
inability to make a decent product that meets expectations while sustaining a profit.A capable , efficient more drivin development team should be able to take advantage of this ever growing "niche"market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by a walrus
This is wonderful news.The door is begining to open.College basketball deserves an accurate representation.Its not like EA's latest offering was as bas as the year before.However it was very clear their heart was just not in it.If it takes a couple years to get a decent title then so be it.
It is unlikely another College basketball game will ever be created... or should I say one that will be a true sim. I can see perhaps a limited game with the big schools and maybe just a tournament style game. The category is too small. Face it, unlike NCAA Football, College basketball only gets exciting during tournament time for the majority of people. In fact, most people who watch the March Madness Tournament have never seen a game during the season.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #13
Rookie

I wish this would of happend 2 years ago.We may of seen a better product by now.Releasing a flawed game while maintaining the exclusive rights.
Dose not benifit anyone.Give it up EA. Focus your attention on NBA JAM.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #14
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by a walrus
I wish this would of happend 2 years ago.We may of seen a better product by now.Releasing a flawed game while maintaining the exclusive rights.
Dose not benifit anyone.Give it up EA. Focus your attention on NBA JAM.
seriously dude, it does not make a difference who has the License, no one will make a College hoops game for the foreseeable future. Remember when 2k decided that a College basketball game was not profitable enough so they canned their game, it was only then EA decided to buy the license which is not a shock.

If 2k and EA do not create a College hoops game, then no one will.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #15
Rookie

My point was ..that it may take 2-3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #16
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
It is unlikely another College basketball game will ever be created... or should I say one that will be a true sim. I can see perhaps a limited game with the big schools and maybe just a tournament style game. The category is too small. Face it, unlike NCAA Football, College basketball only gets exciting during tournament time for the majority of people. In fact, most people who watch the March Madness Tournament have never seen a game during the season.
That's utterly ridiculous. First off, I think we'll see an NCAA basketball sim again someday. Conditions are always changing and it is unwise to predict that something won't happen again. As for most March Madness viewers not watching regular season games, that is complete crap. While there are a quite a few casual observers, I would bet that most people who watch the tournament have an extended interest in college basketball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »