Home

NHL 10 Producers Chat Today @ 3:30PM to 5:00PM PST

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Producers Chat Today @ 3:30PM to 5:00PM PST within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
NHL 10 Producers Chat Today @ 3:30PM to 5:00PM PST

Chat with NHL 10 Producers Sean Ramjagsingh, Matt Mahar and Andy Agostini today at 3:30PM to 5:00PM PST.

Quote:
"Just because the NHL will be taking a break from league play after this weekend, that doesn’t mean the EA SPORTS NHL development team will get a chance to rest.

Since the ship of NHL 10 the team has been continuing to work hard on bringing the best hockey experience to fans everywhere providing updates and tuner sets to improve the game based on our community’s feedback.

Starting next week we invite the NHL community to join the EA SPORTS NHL Producers and Developers to provide further feedback on this year’s game in our first monthly Cover It Live event.

In this first Live event on Wednesday, February 17th from 3:30PM to 5:00PM PST, Producers Sean Ramjagsingh, Matt Mahar and Andy Agostini will join me to chat about the latest Tuner Set & Roster update along with welcoming your thoughts on NHL 10."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Chat with the NHL Producers Feb 17th from 3:30PM to 5:00PM PST

Thats right after school for me, I'm so joining this.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

Hmm if Andy's going to be there, I hope someone grills him about getting the sim engine up to speed and tweak the trade logic just a little bit. Really the sim stats were prolly my only major complaint with Be A GM, aside from a lack of meaningful presentational stat overlays over the course of seasons.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm hoping to get some questions in regarding BAP.
I hope for NHL 11 it's more realistic in the sense of how much ice time you get and the lines you play on.
I would like the option to have the coach decide when I'm put on the ice, not whenever I feel like it.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I think my two biggest topics would be...

1. Having the option to play a shorter regular season in GM mode. At least a 41/82 game option.

2. At least with the higher playing levels...the AI controlled players should be far more aggressive towards the puck carrier. Rather than in most cases, just letting him skate right past them unchallenged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13
I'd love to hear if work is being done on the sim engine and the stat/roster presentation (just the four most recent years of stats viewable? Limited career stats viewable? No way to see teams a player played for each year? No "player finder" search feature? No way to scan other teams' rosters? No record on a player's card of awards the player has won and all star teams he has made?)

This game is amazing on so many levels, that for me, fixing these minor things would make as close as one can get to a perfect game. I love the new first person fighting, ability to push and shove, and start fights, after the whistle. The GM mode is handled very well, with the scouting, trading and drafting all presented wonderfully. And the primary thing, the gameplay, flows tremendously. Playing with the sliders has given me the most fun I've had in years (if not ever) with a video hockey game. The folks who put this together should be very proud!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 10 Producers Chat Today @ 3:30PM to 5:00PM PST

Here are some things that I thought were interesting from the live event:

Intimidation Factor/Loose Pucks

NateHL:
there is no attribute that you can spend points in to help pick up loose pucks. each player does have an attribute that affect puck pick ups that is behind the scenes. however, your ability to pick up loose pucks goes down if you are intimidated (i.e. get hit hard, knocked down post whistle, lose a fight etc.)

NateHL:
you gain back the intimidation "you lost" by intimidating other players. big hits during gameplay, and knocking players off their feet post whistle are ways you can regain a bit of what you lost.

NateHL:
intimidation works by doing big hits and winning fights. glancing off players from hits do not intimidate. you only gain intimidation when you knock someone off their feet or win a fight. intimidating players do not increase your attributes, but slightly lowers the person you intimidated.

-------
Trade Logic

aagostini:
We are aware that the trading logic has a few glitches. Too many superstars getting traded is one we are looking at improving this with some updates to the trading logic.

-------

Attributes

EASPORTSNHL:
We see there are a ton of people wanting to know about attributes. Due to the amount of people that are wanting answers, we'll work to put something out in a future blog to clear the air.

--------

Suggestions to the Devs

drog1602: I would love to see the skating attribute divided into forward and backward skating.
EASPORTSNHL:
That's a good suggestion.

sharks: We should be able to do different types of checks. We should be able to do body checks, stick checks, hip checks, and simple shoves. Perhaps the direction we flick the right joystick could determine which type of check we do

EASPORTSNHL:
Those are good suggestions.

sharks: I would like to see a feature where we could chip the puck up to ourself and try to go around the defenseman. This is where a lot of pushing happens too.

EASPORTSNHL:
Definitely...another good suggestion.

I didn't post ALL the online-focused questions because, well, I don't play online.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 10 Producers Chat Today @ 3:30PM to 5:00PM PST

The continuing support and interaction is very much appreciated.

Pretty neat to know the developers are still listening to us. And at least attempting to address the issues they can. I agree with Glenn, that these guys have good reason to be pretty proud of the game they put together. And how their supporting it afterward.

I also think we too, have reason to be kinda proud also. To my knowledge....no one on our board has attacked Jason or any other dev thats come here. By posting offensive crap, that serves no purpose. Very cool that when Jason has the chance, he does still post here. And I at least believe he still feels comfortable doing so. We have a dang good thing going here imo. I sure hope it continues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »