Home

MLB '10: The Show Blog - All-Star Week Features w/ Video (Playstation.Blog)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Blog - All-Star Week Features w/ Video (Playstation.Blog) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 10: The Show All-Star Week Features (Playstation.blog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer015
I've always like the AL/NL uniforms better... well because the uniforms a team wears, should be uniform lol. I do see why this would bug some people though, and I'm sure if anybody can get a game to have the players wear their own uni's, it would be SCEA.

On a side note, I hope that the addition of the futures game will eventually lead to a WBC mode. I'm sure it will never happen, but a man can hope!
The next WBC is 2013, I also believe 2K has the rights to it in a contract. Could have sworn I read that for 09, and was miffed that they didn't even include it. Was like squatting.

So we will see in 3 years
Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman2012
In real life I am pretty sure the players do wear the generic AL/NL ones for the Home Run Derby. But for the actual All Star game yes they do wear their own team uniforms. I don't think any baseball video game has been able to pull that off yet. But it sure would be cool to see.

I thought SCEA stated last year that it couldn't be done without extreme drops in framerates?

Anyway, awesome video, as always. Cannot wait! 12 days and counting!!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

From just that short video, I think SCEA has surpassed my expectations for how HRD would be implemented. I love the player reactions that is there as well.

I would love to see one day this customizable (as the stand alone feature) to allow you to create the ORIGINAL Home Run Derby they used to play back in the day with Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, etc. Anyone remember that one? ESPN has played replays of it at times over the years.

The premise was easy. 2 guys go head to head. You get 3 outs per inning in a 9 inning game. If the ball is not a home run, it is an out. Also, if the ball was a strike and wasn't swung upon, it was an out as well. Whoever won, would advance to another week and play against someone else. One of the cooler parts of this show was the fact that while one guy was batting, the other was chatting it up with the announcer. That couldn't be recreated but I would love to set the rules to something like this and play it at historical stadiums. I was able to set up something like that for I believe WSB 2k3 back in the day. The only thing that sucked about it for me was that you didn't get to watch the other batter hit so you would hit, then it would just say how many your opponent had in their at bat.

Anyway, I am probably the only one that would like something like that (HRD being completely customizable) and it would only be a good thing as the stand alone feature, but I thought I would throw it out there.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #20
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Yay! Can't wait!

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 02-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Looks great! I'm glad they finally put HR Derby in and the Future's game. Only minor issue I have is players wearing helmets during the HR Derby. They should just wear hats or no hat. That would be sweet if they did this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
From just that short video, I think SCEA has surpassed my expectations for how HRD would be implemented. I love the player reactions that is there as well.

I would love to see one day this customizable (as the stand alone feature) to allow you to create the ORIGINAL Home Run Derby they used to play back in the day with Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, etc. Anyone remember that one? ESPN has played replays of it at times over the years.

The premise was easy. 2 guys go head to head. You get 3 outs per inning in a 9 inning game. If the ball is not a home run, it is an out. Also, if the ball was a strike and wasn't swung upon, it was an out as well. Whoever won, would advance to another week and play against someone else. One of the cooler parts of this show was the fact that while one guy was batting, the other was chatting it up with the announcer. That couldn't be recreated but I would love to set the rules to something like this and play it at historical stadiums. I was able to set up something like that for I believe WSB 2k3 back in the day. The only thing that sucked about it for me was that you didn't get to watch the other batter hit so you would hit, then it would just say how many your opponent had in their at bat.

Anyway, I am probably the only one that would like something like that (HRD being completely customizable) and it would only be a good thing as the stand alone feature, but I thought I would throw it out there.
I used to love watching reruns of that Home Run Derby show. I would love to see them bring something like that back in the offseason and show it on MLB Network.

As for the WBC. It does seem that including nationalities for a futures game is a pre-cursor to including a WBC. I think the next one is in 2012 (isn't it every three years?). I don't know about rights but I would like to see SCEA include that in the future. For now the Futures game and HRD are welcome additions!!
Old 02-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #23
Banned

The game looks awesome. I can't deny that at all. I am excited about every other aspect of the game. But I could care less about the All Star Weekend. Never cared for it in real life and always simmed past it in all of the baseball games I play. But I can understand why some people like it.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just wondering, is HRD going to be in RTP or cutscenes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »