Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Dated, 3 Innings Phillies @ Yankees

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Dated, 3 Innings Phillies @ Yankees within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Dated, 3 Innings Phillies @ Yankees

Does it matter that the PS3 demo comes out late? Is anyone on PS3 going to buy it over The Show?

I'll probably check out the demo, but unless it really wows me, I'm going back to either MVP or High Heat on my PC for my baseball gaming this season. I really disliked 2k9.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
According to Ronnie's Twitter account, the Major League Baseball 2K10 demos have been given release dates. 360 users will see the demo on February 23rd, while the PS3 folks see it on March 4th.

It has been confirmed the demo will be 3 innings, Phillies @ Yankees.
WOW, March 4th for PS3 users, what crap that is.

I mean once again we get a demo after the game is released, just bad IMO.

Thanks for the info Steve.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
WOW, March 4th for PS3 users, what crap that is.

I mean once again we get a demo after the game is released, just bad IMO.

Thanks for the info Steve.
They only do this because either (a) Sony wants to get their product out first, or (b) they know it won't make a different cuz all PS3 owners are buying the other game regardless.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Does it matter that the PS3 demo comes out late? Is anyone on PS3 going to buy it over The Show?
My brother probably will. And I'd like to have seen it before both games come out. I'm only buying one game and I'd probably have to rent 2K10 to really give it a chance. I'd want to try the different levels out. Playing on Pro probably won't give me a good idea of what the game will do.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #21
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Probably not, but you would think that if 2K wanted to give their title a chance to compete on the PS3, they would've had the demo available earlier. As it is now, the game releases before the demo...which for 2K baseball has been a bad sign in the past....

Besides the obvious questions about the game, if I remember correctly in the past years the PS3 version has had issues the 360 did not...and while an update was promised it was never delivered. So a big factor towards buying the PS3 version may be how it actually performs...something we won't be able to know until it's actually released now.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #22
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
i can already see this hurting their sales on ps3...smh
Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

Maybe it makes a difference for people that need to buy the games on day one. The games will be available for purchase days/weeks/months after March 2nd. It's not like there will be no PS3 demo. And if a person is truly looking to do due diligence before purchasing the game they'll also weigh in reviews, opinions, etc. We've had lots of cross-platform games release a demo first on the 360, then on the PS3. It's also happened in reverse. One week shouldn't kill anyone if they're truly interested and not just looking for reasons not to like the game. And as others have said, for all we know Sony could be looking to give their first party game as much spotlight as possible. I don't know if that's the case, but it doesn't seem like that big a deal regardless. The over-dramatization of every single issue is ridiculous around here.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #24
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
They only do this because either (a) Sony wants to get their product out first, or (b) they know it won't make a different cuz all PS3 owners are buying the other game regardless.
I vote A. I'm not trying to start anything, but it is kinda funny that Sony isn't gonna get that demo out quickly. I think that's why Ronnie made the comment about it "not being on us." But , hey, do you blame them? I'd give my first-party product priority too....

BTW: here's a bit of context. I am buying MLB2k10 for PC, so I'm not bashing. I had a PS3 for one week, bought it just for the "other" game. But felt that was dumb, especially after seeing what my PC could do with PES and NBA2k10. So I'm just making kind of a backhanded compliment at Sony. IMO, they are doing "Japanese Inspection"(see Days Of Thunder) on the demo, slow rolling it as not to advertize against their system seller.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 02-19-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »