Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 Interview (Videogamer)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 Interview (Videogamer) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Interview (Videogamer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer23
yea,why wont you come up with this "new system".
Ok - how about this. Instead of just clicking the button and spinning, you click the right stick to engage in hand and leg movement or you use a modifier.

Now - instead of being in say full guard open - and clicking a button and magically going into a knee bar (which I've never ever seen a fighter do yet in real life, I'm not sure how they decided on that one), you use a modifier or click the stick once your fighter has gained dominant position.

At this point you can use the left and right trigger and both analog sticks. Left analog = left limb. Right analog = right limb. LT = arms, RT = legs.

Now they can do a sort of mini game here. It should use statistics from the fighters to determine outcomes. Now at this point instead of just doing a rotation of the stick to transition, you use your limbs to try to squiggle your way around. So if I'm in Half-Guard, I could take control of my arms and work my arms into position around the fighter's head. He would try to block me using his arms - and basically we'd fight for control. Once I've got my position I gain dominance, let's say, for a specific amount of time based on stats... He can continue to try to move my arms, while I switch to legs and work on getting my leg free from his half guard so that I can pull to side guard, and since I gained dominant arm position and managed to wrap my arm around his neck and under his head - I'm suddenly in an Arm Triangle.

Now he's got to use his controls to try to get my arms lose, or to somehow get my body pulled back to half-guard or something... Otherwise he's done - and I just have to hold on.

They can use ratings to determine the success of a fighter pulling off the escapes and moves; even going into depth so as to have half-guard offense, half-guard defense, side control-offense, side-control defense... Maybe even submission ratings. If I've got a guy who's just not technically good at locking up an Arm Triangle, and his guy has ok defense, he could squeeze an arm in there fairly easily, and hold me off from locking it.

I think something like that would be far more realistic and exciting. As opposed to a guy simply clicking the analog stick and rotating it as fast as he can. It would also stop idiots from spamming submissions - since you'd have to strategically get yourself into that position in the first place, and once they break it, you'd have to work into it again.

Using stats on this - sometimes fighters would just stalemate at a position; just like in real life. Sometimes you see a guy lock up his arms for an arm triangle, but he can never free himself from the halfguard, so eventually he has to let it go.

It would be awesome if in RnC position I didn't just click a button, but actually put my hooks in, or a triangle with my legs, and then could punch and punch a bit, and try to get him to move his arms, while I tried to snake mine in under his neck... They could use their controls to keep blocking their neck, or pulling down on my arm so that I can't pull my forearm into his neck to lock it.

It would make the ground game so much more realistic, dynamic, exciting, and challenging.

As it is - you get back position, and the guy is tired so you click and spin. There's just very little thought process or work towards it. All you're doing it hoping the guy gets tired and that's it. Even with the flash submissions now; a guy doesn't have to really earn it. You could take him down, and he just clicks a button and it's over. It would be cool if a person actually had to use modified controls during the takedown and time grabbing the neck and getting his arm underneath to clinch it...

That's just one idea.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 02-20-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 Interview (Videogamer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Ok - how about this. Instead of just clicking the button and spinning, you click the right stick to engage in hand and leg movement or you use a modifier.

Now - instead of being in say full guard open - and clicking a button and magically going into a knee bar (which I've never ever seen a fighter do yet in real life, I'm not sure how they decided on that one), you use a modifier or click the stick once your fighter has gained dominant position.

At this point you can use the left and right trigger and both analog sticks. Left analog = left limb. Right analog = right limb. LT = arms, RT = legs.

Now they can do a sort of mini game here. It should use statistics from the fighters to determine outcomes. Now at this point instead of just doing a rotation of the stick to transition, you use your limbs to try to squiggle your way around. So if I'm in Half-Guard, I could take control of my arms and work my arms into position around the fighter's head. He would try to block me using his arms - and basically we'd fight for control. Once I've got my position I gain dominance, let's say, for a specific amount of time based on stats... He can continue to try to move my arms, while I switch to legs and work on getting my leg free from his half guard so that I can pull to side guard, and since I gained dominant arm position and managed to wrap my arm around his neck and under his head - I'm suddenly in an Arm Triangle.

Now he's got to use his controls to try to get my arms lose, or to somehow get my body pulled back to half-guard or something... Otherwise he's done - and I just have to hold on.

They can use ratings to determine the success of a fighter pulling off the escapes and moves; even going into depth so as to have half-guard offense, half-guard defense, side control-offense, side-control defense... Maybe even submission ratings. If I've got a guy who's just not technically good at locking up an Arm Triangle, and his guy has ok defense, he could squeeze an arm in there fairly easily, and hold me off from locking it.

I think something like that would be far more realistic and exciting. As opposed to a guy simply clicking the analog stick and rotating it as fast as he can. It would also stop idiots from spamming submissions - since you'd have to strategically get yourself into that position in the first place, and once they break it, you'd have to work into it again.

Using stats on this - sometimes fighters would just stalemate at a position; just like in real life. Sometimes you see a guy lock up his arms for an arm triangle, but he can never free himself from the halfguard, so eventually he has to let it go.

It would be awesome if in RnC position I didn't just click a button, but actually put my hooks in, or a triangle with my legs, and then could punch and punch a bit, and try to get him to move his arms, while I tried to snake mine in under his neck... They could use their controls to keep blocking their neck, or pulling down on my arm so that I can't pull my forearm into his neck to lock it.

It would make the ground game so much more realistic, dynamic, exciting, and challenging.

As it is - you get back position, and the guy is tired so you click and spin. There's just very little thought process or work towards it. All you're doing it hoping the guy gets tired and that's it. Even with the flash submissions now; a guy doesn't have to really earn it. You could take him down, and he just clicks a button and it's over. It would be cool if a person actually had to use modified controls during the takedown and time grabbing the neck and getting his arm underneath to clinch it...

That's just one idea.
Great idea.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 28
thats cool.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 28
if you want,you can check out my UFC 2010 wishlist i made back in december.i believe its on page 2 of all my blogs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »