Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - My Player, Part I

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - My Player, Part I within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #25
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - My Player, Part I

Ahh Im so excited to try out My Player. Gonna make both a SP and a CF. The whole "tracking the ball in the air" thing sounds really cool

Just one more week or so haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

just to know...
in rtts on the show, if you play as an outfielder, do you just run to a spot on the ground??
Old 02-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #27
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeMiKaL
just to know...
in rtts on the show, if you play as an outfielder, do you just run to a spot on the ground??

It is a behind the player view as well, and you do run to a spot,l which you have to in My Player as well, since you can clearly see a marker in the picture.

The insight was thin on the information, and had more marketing in the sentence structure. I wish it was more in depth, and hopefully a review or hands on can cover it more.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It is a behind the player view as well, and you do run to a spot,l which you have to in My Player as well, since you can clearly see a marker in the picture.

The insight was thin on the information, and had more marketing in the sentence structure. I wish it was more in depth, and hopefully a review or hands on can cover it more.
in 2k's my player you dont run to a spot on the field. you follow the ball and catch by your judgement as described in the insight.

i was wondering ( just incase u mis-understood my question), if on rtts there is a marker on the ground that gets smaller and smaller, and you have to get under it to catch it, or is it more like 2k's mode will be?

to me the marker doesnt look like it was there for telling where the ball is going to land...

Quote:
When playing as an outfielder, you don’t just run to a landing indicator spot on the field, you actually see the path and the flight of the ball and track the ball in the air the entire time. It is very intuitive and works and feels exactly as you would expect it to. With the player perspective camera, fielding in our game is more immersive than it has ever been in any baseball video game.

Last edited by KeMiKaL; 02-21-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #29
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
in 2k's my player you dont run to a spot on the field. you follow the ball and catch by your judgement as described in the insight.

to me the marker doesnt look like it was there for telling where the ball is going to land...

It is going to be a riot to judge depth flight of a ball in a 2D flat image. (I know they are "3D" graphics, but there is no depth perception on a 2D screen you are looking at).

There is still a marker there, and thus I am more than positive said marker is to aid you to get to the ball position.

They mentioned nothing of that marker arrow, which I am sure isn't there for looks. I want to know what it does. Obviously it is ball flight, but the game has to lock the player in for the catch, or it is going to be a riot to watch.

As for the Show, there is a marker, there is an arrow, just like you see in 2K that shows the ball flight.

It does not say there is NO landing indicator, just says you "just don't run to it", you see the flight. I am sure the landing indicator is still there, just out of view cause of the angle.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 02-21-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It is going to be a riot to judge depth flight of a ball in a 2D flat image. (I know they are "3D" graphics, but there is no depth perception on a 2D screen you are looking at).

There is still a marker there, and thus I am more than positive said marker is to aid you to get to the ball position.

They mentioned nothing of that marker arrow, which Ia m sure isn't there for looks. I want to know what it does. Obviously it is ball flight, but the game has to lock the player in for the catch, or it is going to be a riot to watch.

As for the Show, there is a marker, but you don't really see it unless you are near it, there is an arrow, just like you see in 2K that shows the ball flight. And I am sure there is a "zone" for catching the ball and triggering animations as well. Just because they don't show you it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist under the hood.

It does not say there is NO landing indicator, just says you "just don't run to it", you see the flight. I am sure the landing indicator is still there, just out of view cause of the angle.
ok, i see wat u mean. hopefully we still get the chance to track the ball down without too much help. i want the experience to track the ball without too much aid.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #31
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
ok, i see wat u mean. hopefully we still get the chance to track the ball down without too much help. i want the experience to track the ball without too much aid.
That would be really cool, I just don't see how well it can translate in a 2D screen. 3D gaming on the other hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 11

I do like how the camera shows the ball while you're an outfielder in My Player. Like Nemesis said though, it would be tough to judge that on a flat image, so I think that's what that indicator is for. It has to aid you somehow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »