Home

MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
While there were some serious issues with 2K9 online in regards to the ease of hitting home runs, the lag was not a problem at all. It was the first baseball game I ever played where you could swing or take pitches based on whether they were strikes or not. Every other online game of baseball had so much lag that you had to decide to swing or not swing before the ball was released.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #18
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
While there were some serious issues with 2K9 online in regards to the ease of hitting home runs, the lag was not a problem at all. It was the first baseball game I ever played where you could swing or take pitches based on whether they were strikes or not. Every other online game of baseball had so much lag that you had to decide to swing or not swing before the ball was released.
Exactly. Despite the game's other problems, VC should be applauded for the online portion of 2K9, and they did tone down the homeruns after the patches.

I'm very surprised that the author of the article said that the online play was bad last year......Maybe he's thinking about 2K8 instead, because the multiplayer was vastly improved last year and actually quite good.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-22-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #19
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
I completely abandoned 2K9. I rented it and loved the simplified gesture pitching, but hated everything else. It was quite literally unplayable. I still play 2K8, but would be lying if I said I didn't have high expectations for 2K10. I don't expect it to be a great game, but I expect it to be miles better than 2K9, and have way less problems. It'd be nice to play a baseball sim on the 360 that didn't require a patch to enjoy it, you know?

I don't understand a problem with a patch as long as it doesn't cause different headaches while fixing others. Successful patches show the co. is trying to pay attention to details missed. If it enhances the game, and the earlier, the better......then fine.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #20
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I don't understand a problem with a patch as long as it doesn't cause different headaches while fixing others. Successful patches show the co. is trying to pay attention to details missed. If it enhances the game, and the earlier, the better......then fine.
This. There are a lot of games that have release day patches. Or even after a week or so. I'm seeing the big deal either. I guess thier rep is all anyone is going on.

There's a link to someone has been playing the final copy for weeks now. And, not once did he mention anything about a frame rate issue or check swing issue. Granted he was playing the pitcher role during "My Player" but, he's had to hit during those games.

I think we all need to stop jumping to conclusions and wait until tomorrow when the demo drops.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 02-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That was only for the 360 correct?
Read the first of the five questions (submitted by OS members)that Chase asks Mark Little Senior Producer of 2K10.

http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=1017
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #22
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
2K will experience the affects of their past MLB games. When a company puts out consecutive crap in a box ,their fans will move on. I have, and I know many others have as well. My last was 2k9 and I do not plan on buying their games until they can prove that they can make a decent game. So if they can improve and make a solid title 2-3 years in a row, maybe, I will buy 2k12.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #23
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
A few things to keep in mind for those wanting to jump to conclusions:

1)I simply submit the articles, I rarely write Previews/Reviews anymore as I typically stick to my blog here on OS, which I post at least a few times a week.

2)Hot or Not articles are simply used as a summation of the info we have, be it from hands on previews, other previews, etc. So the first item was merely a reflection on the point that we have thought MLB 2K looked to be turning the corner in the past and it's disappointed immensely. So it's more of a, don't believe the hype kind of mentality.

With that said, hopefully MLB 2K10 turns out to be rather good
Thanks for the clarification. makes me feel a bit better now about the game actually...cool...
Old 02-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7
The check swing never worked correctly with the Swingstick method in 2K baseball games anyways, so leaving it out was really a non-issue. The mechanics dont allow you to check your swing intuitively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »