Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

One thing i'm really bummed about is that it looks like you only get the new Fielder's Perspective Cam when the ball is hit your way. The game looks like it automatically sims till you get a ball hit at you. I was hoping to create a CF or 1B and play whole games with this view.

After reading the guys comments from CD for the Show it looks like they added this ability in RTTS. I'm not starting a war, just saying, i might have to break down and get a PS3.

Am i the only one who thinks by now that we ought to be playing baseball games nowdays with a fielding perspective instead of the traditional home plate to outfield view? Imo, this is the biggest improvement anyone making a baseball game could make.

Last edited by Pro Bowler; 02-22-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
One thing i'm really bummed about is that it looks like you only get the new Fielder's Perspective Cam when the ball is hit your way. The game looks like it automatically sims till you get a ball hit at you. I was hoping to create a CF or 1B and play whole games with this view.

After reading the guys comments from CD for the Show it looks like they added this ability in RTTS. I'm not staring a war, just saying, i might have to break down and get a PS3.

I'm i the only one who thinks by now that we ought to be playing baseball games nowdays with a fielding perspective instead of the traditional home plate to outfield view? Imo, this is the biggest improvement anyone making a baseball game could make.
This is 2K's first year with the career mode and The Show's what 4th or 5th year. So give 2K time. The main reason I imported PYSBB was because of thier career mode. Now RTTS has incorporated the "Play every at bat and not just the play you are involved it" method just like PYSBB...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Hell yea! I was reading the comments section from the gameinfromer preview and this is what the guy reviewing the game said...

I believe there was only one clutch moment at the beginning of your My Player career. And yes, you can play the entire game if you want to.

Edit: The guy from gameinfomer is using a Pitcher in My Player. So, i'm still not sure if you'll be able to play an entire game from other positions. This was the full question....

Hey Andrew, I've noticed all these "clutch moments" in my player mode. Is that all it's designated to, or can you play the whole game if it suits you? Also, if, say you're an outfielder, is the camera locked on the outfielder, or is it just the normal gameplay camera?

He never adresses the question concerning the outfield or camera view, but we know there is a fielding view for other position players. I'm just thinking that maybe since he's using a Pitcher it wouldn't require a lot of work to play an entire game since you would be using the regular pitching view that's already been in the game.

Well, i'm making a complete mess of this post but since i started i might as well finish it. The IGN arcticle clearly states that you're only presented with situations where the ball is hit to you while he's playing SS.

The game only presents situations where the ball is hit to you, and though that does take away the guessing of whether you'll need to react to a ball hit to your feet or play a different role in the defense, it did help move the game along. Let's hope there's some sort of option to be able to participate in every facet of a game or scale it back how you see fit.

If anyone could answer the question for sure if you can play an entire game from other fiedling positions it would be appreciated. The guy from IGN seems to be playing an older copy.

Last edited by Pro Bowler; 02-22-2010 at 06:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »