Home

MLB '10: The Show Top 5 Third Baseman

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Top 5 Third Baseman within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #25
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '10: The Show Top 5 Third Baseman

Claiming his numbers went down when looking at 2009 is stating the obvious.

He missed a whole month of the season, and had to be rested periodically to protect his surgically repaired hip....

Still hit 30 HR and 100 RBI.

What ARod displayed in the playoffs to the nation he had been doing all last year with the Yankees since he cameback.

I am a Yankee fan and never been an ARod lover, but you gotta give the dude his props. Steroids behind him now and he is still putting up numbers that very few can. All while being 80% productive.

With that said I believe he is now the 2nd best 3rd basemen in the league behind Longoria. I believe ARod is a better overall player because of his track record and just the threat he produces but defensively and age go to Longoria. Experience and just flat out raw talent go to ARod.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymax
I don't say he turned into Juan Pierre powerwise. But he has the ratings of 2007 Arod. And I don't expect him to repeat that year anytime again. He is still a HR-threat but no way his power ratings should be higher than Pujols'.
I think Arod's power is fine. I think Pujols is the one that's messed up. They should have put him 99 each. I agree Pujols has more power than Arod and that Arod's power ratings should be lower than Pujols. However, I don't think Arod's numbers need to change.

Also keep in mind, I'm sure the makers of the game thought of all those HR he hit in the playoffs.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #27
Rookie

keymax's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek2Jeter
I think Arod's power is fine. I think Pujols is the one that's messed up. They should have put him 99 each. I agree Pujols has more power than Arod and that Arod's power ratings should be lower than Pujols. However, I don't think Arod's numbers need to change.

Also keep in mind, I'm sure the makers of the game thought of all those HR he hit in the playoffs.
You got a good point there. If Pujols power ratings would be better I could live with Arod's. Because I think Pujols should be the clear cut best right handed hitter in the game.
But I disagree with the playoff HRs they shouldn't be weighted in too heavily, because the playoffs are a very small sample size compared to a 162 game season.

His fielding stats are a bit high too IMO(but I think they haven't that much of an impact ingame), but the relation between Pujols and Arod's power ratings bugged me the most.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #28
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

A-Rod overrated? A bit, but those ratings remind me of 07's monster season.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 20

Arod has hit .277, .263 and .272 the last three years against left handed pitchers. How in the world does that translate to a 94 contact rating against left handers? There is no statistically basis for that rating whatsoever.

His contact ratings are similar to Pujols, when Pujols has a significantly higher average against left and right handed pitchers the last three years.

SCEA may need to take a look at the formulas they use because some of these ratings don't make any sense if they are based on the last three years with the most recent weighing significantly more.

Edit: His career average against left handers is only .295 as well.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 02-22-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #30
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

No Casey McGehee = FAIL

I am absolutely and totally kidding.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 15

Wow I know Mark Reynolds was as big a power hitter as there was in the majors last year but i think 92 power vs righties and 96 power vs lefties is a bit much. Unless they aren't using career splits for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #32
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with these ratings. A-Rod is right where he belongs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »