Home

NCAA 10: Blocking Logic Flaws Make for Big Defense

This is a discussion on NCAA 10: Blocking Logic Flaws Make for Big Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
NCAA or Madden. Makes no difference. The AI blocking is atrocious.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #10
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Nice breakdown , They havent had decent blocking since the 06 version IMO. The trench battles need to be decided by individual players abilities with physics applied to the outcome. Example.. A 6-6 331 lb tackle with 96 rated strength and say 95 OVR should dominate a 70 OVR tackle most of the time.. (Not every time, but most of the time).. The battle should come down to random outcomes or whether or not you pull the "Turbo" trigger??? I think they should get rid of turbo buttons period.. A players speed should be acceleration from the moment he touches the ball then adjust for changes in direction and field conditions.. BUT that requires programming time that EA isnt willing to invest.. Thats why we get the same game every year with a few minor changes and patches..

The gameplay engine is flawed, and rather than fix it all at once and release a few months late, the spoon feed us fixes year after year while calling it a "New " version of the game..

The exclusive license gives EA the ability to rip us off....NCAA 11 Style!!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
i would love to see Sony to make a football game soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
I totally agree with this. And after hearing that there is some kind of programming flaw that doesn't allow for the option blocking to run correctly was getting kind of depressed....However, after playing around with Madden's Play Designer capacity in the PSP, I think I may have found the solution to both problems:
- Simply combine the "on-the-fly" play adjustments innovation that was introduced in NFL HEAD COACH 09 with an advanced PLAY DESIGNER for the NCAA football game (meaning allowing minute blocking adjustments AND handoff/pitching options for the qbs)
I think this possibility would work online too as it would stop cheesing by allowing quick, equal adjustments on both sides of the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »