Home

MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Left Fielders

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Left Fielders within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show Top 5 Left Fielders

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4ever
I have a question and was wondering if someone can answer this. Ryan Braun is ranked number one and i was looking at his attributes and it says he bats right and his right contact and power are 75 , 73 now here's the thing that is boggling my mind. For a guy that isn't a switch hitter how is it that his lefty batting stats are 90 for contact and 95 for power. Now since he's only a right handed hitter shouldn't those stats be at zero?
It's how he does against LH pitchers.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I have a question and was wondering if someone can answer this. Ryan Braun is ranked number one and i was looking at his attributes and it says he bats right and his right contact and power are 75 , 73 now here's the thing that is boggling my mind. For a guy that isn't a switch hitter how is it that his lefty batting stats are 90 for contact and 95 for power. Now since he's only a right handed hitter shouldn't those stats be at zero?
That's against RHP and against LHP.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

Solid list overall, but Crawford is too low and Hamilton and Juan Rivera are too high.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Those are his attributes against left-handed pitchers.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #21
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Juan Rivera is better than Carl Crawford? Really? No really? Guy is a walking injury. This just shows how badly baseball games value defense and speed. Its a joke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #22
Rookie

keymax's Arena

OVR: 3

It actually makes sense not weight in defense too much for the LF overall rating.
LF is an offensive position. There and at 1B you hide your weakest defensive players. You can see at the SS list that defense is weighted in there much more.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #23
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Defense is important at every position. Doesn't matter where it is. If you can prevent runs you win. The list is a joke.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Defense is important at every position. Doesn't matter where it is. If you can prevent runs you win. The list is a joke.
Couldn't agree more slick. Carl Crawford is by far the best defensive LF in baseball. People claim he is injury prone for some reason also. He has averaged 146 games played since he started playing full time 8 years ago. Pretty damn good and probably in the top 15 percentile in baseball. Also the scary thing is imagine if the Rays didn't have a good defensive CF in Upton who has range, and Crawford played CF. He could even showcase his defensive prowess more so. I agree he's overrated in fantasy baseball, but when it comes to real life baseball there is no baseball player who does what he can when it comes to mixing together defense, speed, and hitting for a high average.

Last edited by mrbean5277; 02-24-2010 at 02:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »