Home

Backbreaker Preview (Xbox 360 Magazine)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Preview (Xbox 360 Magazine) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Backbreaker Preview (Xbox 360 Magazine)

One of the Backbreaker forum members, managed to scan the Xbox 360 Magazine preview of the game.

Quote:
"Just thought I'd point out to all those UK BB fans, there's a new 4 page preview hitting the stands today. There are some juicy quotes in the there!"
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 4 pqge read exclusive

Old 02-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Old 02-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Thanks for the article.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Any way to get a summary of the article. My job has this site blocked for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic52
Any way to get a summary of the article. My job has this site blocked for some reason.
Not a lot of new info. 2 vs 2 online play is mentioned and players won't be able to take created teams online, at least not in the main lobbies, but possibly vs friends.

It talks about Euphoria being true innovation that will change how people view sports games but they were concerned the casuals may see it as gimmicky and not give it the chance it deserves.

Overall, it left me with an impression that they thought Backbreaker could be a sleeper hit that could change how EA does business.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
MVP

Three things stood out:

*Not being able to use created teams online --- this is a mistake and a pretty big one. If they're that concerned with people using nasty logos that will be inappropriate for little Timmy to see, then why not just allow people to take their overall uniform online minus the logo? At least then the user would still retain creative control.

OR, they could've made an specific option where you create your main uniform and then have an online version of the uniform that allows you to either use their pre-made logos or none at all. You just have to hope for online gamers that they did one of these things and didn't just cut it out altogether and force you to use entirely developer-made uni's online.

*Players flashing and the ball flashing... why? I mean, I read why they did it... but my question is "why", like, is it really necessary?

*Is it just me or was the writing of that article nauseating? I think the writer tried to be clever and deep, but just wound up coming across as over-intellectualizing.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Three things stood out:

*Not being able to use created teams online --- this is a mistake and a pretty big one. If they're that concerned with people using nasty logos that will be inappropriate for little Timmy to see, then why not just allow people to take their overall uniform online minus the logo? At least then the user would still retain creative control.

OR, they could've made an specific option where you create your main uniform and then have an online version of the uniform that allows you to either use their pre-made logos or none at all. You just have to hope for online gamers that they did one of these things and didn't just cut it out altogether and force you to use entirely developer-made uni's online.

*Players flashing and the ball flashing... why? I mean, I read why they did it... but my question is "why", like, is it really necessary?

*Is it just me or was the writing of that article nauseating? I think the writer tried to be clever and deep, but just wound up coming across as over-intellectualizing.
I agree with a lot of what you said, especially about that writer (3 or 4 typos).

As for the players flashing, all visual assists are turned off on Pro-Mode. So these won't be there.

And as for the created teams online, so far the only thing we know is you can't use them in PUBLIC matches. So if you are playing a friend, this MAY (can't say for 100% sure) still be an option. But even without the fact of obscene names, if you allowed users to use their created teams online...everyone would just make there team 99 overall and it would be dumb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »