Home

MLB '10: The Show RTTS Enhancements (The Show Community)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show RTTS Enhancements (The Show Community) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #9
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show RTTS Enhancements (The Show Community)

They have added everything I wanted in RTTS and listened to the community. Great work...
Old 02-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #10
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Sounds great. I just hope they improved on how the game manages players. Nothing I hate more than getting called up just before the all-star game orgetting called up to be a no upward mobility having bench warmer.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #11
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Sounds great. I just hope they improved on how the game manages players. Nothing I hate more than getting called up just before the all-star game orgetting called up to be a no upward mobility having bench warmer.
Yeah I hope the logic of RTTS is fixed that is my biggest concern.

All these additions are great though, especially the stat tracker. That is awesome to be able to see how well I did against X pitcher throughout my career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 12
I'm liking the new stuff.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Just played about 11 games in RTTS. Plays very similar to 09. Here are some differences I've seen (CF for Trenton Thunders):
  • I still can't make an asian looking player. The default faces and sliders are identical to 09.
  • After you make your player and allocate all your points, you get 300 more points to allocate after the draft/choose team.
  • Batting practice is pretty cool, but gets boring after 5-6 games. I started skipping them.
  • Man on 2nd, 0 outs. I have a goal to drive in the run. I ground to 1st and move the runner to 3rd. 10 pts for postive results. Finally!
  • Still has the "bug" where if you have a goal to steal 2nd and the pitcher throws the ball away on a pickoff and allow you to advance to 2nd, you'll get -10 pts for not stealing 2nd.
  • The beach ball is back!
  • I hit 2 doubles with default sliders. Woohoo!
  • Many more "Don't get picked off at 1st" goals.
  • Love the new check swing animations where you check and then fall towards the plate.
  • You can overrun bases if you don't slide.
  • How well you slide is actually controlled by base running ability. My head first slide with 30 base running is horrific to say the least. Imagine Chien Ming Wang sliding head first. Yeah, that bad.
  • Fielding fly balls actually requires good fielding.
  • Reaction time actually does something! It now takes a second or so for it to show you where the ball will land. I assume it will be shorter with better reaction time.
  • My team was down 2-1 in the 7th with man on 2nd and I actually DIDN'T get a goal to drive in the run. This NEVER happens in 09, where it's an automatic goal to drive in the run. Not sure if this is bad or good yet. Maybe good cause there's less pressure to produce.
  • I inevitably subbed the catcher (I'm a CF/OF) just like 09 due to stupid CPU managing, but I did try out the new catcher calling the game for an inning. It's actually really cool.
I haven't played enough to finish my first set of goals (6 series), so not sure how advancement will be handled this time around.

Last edited by kilmar1; 02-28-2010 at 11:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »