Home

EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN)

This is a discussion on EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN)

"I think we need to move much quicker, in particular with Madden, through a digital world," Moore stated. "You're going to see more announcements there how we digitize our Madden consumer.

It keeps the disc in the drive longer, it stalls trading the game in, it allows me to be able to take further advantage of that consumer over a longer period of time," he said. "Even if we do get second sales, we see that as an opportunity to drive digital margins."

"Sports games, because their seasonality runs out, are always something tempting to trade in. We've got to be able to build business models around allowing that consumer to trade it in and then monetize them," he added

"We're certainly going to do a lot of that this year."
----------------------------------------------------

I have a PhD and I'm not even sure what he said. Just make a better game then you won't have to digitize anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Yeah, I doubt even he knows what the hell he just said.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #27
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I have a PhD and I'm not even sure what he said.
It would probably help if you had a PHD in BS cause I'm pretty sure that's what most of that was.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #28
Banned

Yeah, or a PHD in "trickology" or "double speak". I guess we'll see what's up their sleeves come this August cuz that article told me nada
Old 03-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

Mark my words on this...

A company I used to work for has looked into this practice and its heading this way wether we like it or not. While you are thinking of just $1 here, or $5 there.....you are missing the bigger picture.

Video games in general are seeing a ton of 2nd and 3rd owners these days due to gamefly and gamestop. At the end of the day, the companies that produce these games are not making the money they feel they should be and are losing money due to people buying them used elsewhere = no money in the game companies pockets.

The problem is so widespread that we are about to see the dawn of a new era...and its one we will not like. Full games and movies that you download to a drive will be the next push. This way , even though you pay full retail price, you will not be able to take it somewhere and trade it in and let it be resold.

Its coming sooner that you expect..
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #30
Banned

That's why the consumer advocacy I and many members of this forum do is vital. Letting people know when somebody's **** stinks saves said people money.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Option A) Create a quality product that even ranks among the PS3 elites of the other genres (Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, MLB The Show), then provide, for free, updates throughout the remaining months that will keep the consumer playing the game until the next installment.

Option B)
Create an average product that slightly bests last year's effort and nickle and dime the consumer until you end up losing them forever.

Hm. I wonder which EA will pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 03:46 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I love how the EA is trying to extend the life of madden this coming year. Even when some people trying to give madden a bad rep. Madden is a great game that just needs some better graphics and tweaks here and all .
Graphics are the least of Madden's problems...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »