Home

NCAA Football 10: The Art of Recruiting Part I

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: The Art of Recruiting Part I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 10: The Art of Recruiting Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I mean this in all seriousness because I am curious about this aspect of the game.

Its been shown numerous times, time and time again, that the majority of ratings do not matter in the least bit.

An Ovr 65 OL can hold off a Over 99 DL over 99% of the time. It doesnt matter who you have on your offensive line. Same goes for pretty much every other position that doesnt rely on speed as its main attribute. You can recruit LBs and CBs that have an awareness of 99, but they will still leave every slant and hook pattern open.

Pretty much you only need to look at a QBs accuracy if you want a passer, RB you look for speed, and WR you look for speed. The rest of the offense and defense can have 100 ratings across the board minus the speed and they are ineffective.

What is the main purpose in recruiting, if nothing but speed matters?

Imo, its nothing more than a placebo effect taking place and people trying to put together soemthing that is there...when it really isnt.

I am interested in your take on this subject, as its clear you have spent alot of time putting this together.
I've found that speed is certainly not the only thing that matters. For me, this has been most evident @ HB. To this date, Ryan Houston of UNC (87 speed) has been the most dominating back I've had in any of my OD. His ability to break tackles, run over defenders, and always fall forward made him invaluable. No back has ever been able to single handedly control a game like him. Likewise, of my top 5 receivers I've ever had in any ODs, 2 of them had 88 and 87 speed. They were invaluable to me across the middle.

But to answer you question, even if the only thing that you care about is speed, recruiting is still important. If I know how to recruit well, it'll allow me to sign the power backs and possession receivers that I think will make a difference. If you know how to recruit well, it'll allow you to sign speed at every position.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »