Home

Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Looks great....but I am worried with the lack of franchise mode this game may disappoint in the features department. The Euro league thing is cool and should be an option....but there should be a traditional NFL style season/playoffs as well. And I am pretty disappointed that there are no injuries...with the hits I have seen in these videos....I was definitely looking forward to breaking some legs and fracturing some ribs! OH well...I wish the game would come out already....IGN is right about one thing: When a game stays under wraps too long...thats usually not a good thing....especially for a sports game.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10
its not a review.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Defense looks sick!

Too much time in the pocket on those pass plays, but maybe that's just a difficulty thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #12

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN)

I'm still not liking the blocking in the running vid. That must be a very good front 7 or something because, they are pushing them back into the QB consistently. So far not much on offense that inspires me to play it.

Looks like playing a defense would be more fun than offense. I know not every play is supposed to be a highlight in real football but, I wanna see the running back in real time gameplay make some real open field moves. Running between the tackles look fun though the blocking could be a issue.

Ball carrier looks stiff in there jukes and cuts. I wish backs would get lower when making cuts.

I hate arcade mode! lol. The glowing and extra arcade noises annoy me.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #13
Pro

Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN)

The tackling and contact looks excellent as it should. Other than that though, everything else looks kind of bland.

Hopefully they'll talk more about those details later.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #14
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Everyone knows this game isn't stealing any sells away from madden. If they did then they'd just be fooling themselves.
The point is, this game was being billed as something to change the landcape of video game football. I'm not liking what I see in these vids. If the final game moves, plays like that...I'd rather stick with Madden.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #15
Rookie

I am keeping in mind that this preview is one persons perspective of what they feel comfortable with or prefer. The other previews for the game have stated the game as being impressive. I for one will reserve pre-judgements of this game until further information comes to light. Based off the gameplay shown in the ign post the audio from the players seems off key and generic. I like the defensive play as well as some of the routes being run along with a few of the catches by recievers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
The point is, this game was being billed as something to change the landcape of video game football. I'm not liking what I see in these vids. If the final game moves, plays like that...I'd rather stick with Madden.
no one said you didn't have to.... these are two VERY different games....on top of that they release 4 months apart......

anyway...

I don't know about this guy from IGN... I mean look at some of the stuff he wrote...

Quote:
"Aside from standard quick play games, there's also an 8, 16, and 32 team season option and something called Road to Backbreaker which I'm guessing is designed to deliver some sort of loose tournament structure in the same vein as Mortal Kombat (escalating difficulty with meaner and meaner opponents)."
is he trying to be funny or was he not paying attention when NM was explaining the game to him.... I mean small websites like GamerPops got this part right...and hell we watched the video when Rob explained Road to BackBreaker's influence......that is all this preview could have said...but he had to act like it is some mystery mode that might be like Mortal Kombat, it seems like he playing country dumb on purpose.

I hope this guy is not the one who is going to review this game....

are they bitter they took the Dev diaries from IGN and moved to Gamespot or something?

anyway besides that BS.......the videos looked AMAZING......man does it seem intense...can't wait to play.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »