Home

Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #17

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN)

They should really make some vids of some replays analyze them because, you can't really tell If there is good run blocking or not. In madden you can tell a little easier because, there is a sky view but, down on the field level its difficult. Lets see some of those D-line moves and see how the O-line man reacts and things like that.

I think the major problem with this game so far is blocking and stiffness in certain aspects of the game. I have to see a few long game play vids before I make a final verdict. As long as BB can be consistent with few glitches and blocking I believe I'll be able to play this game for a while.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Looks great....but I am worried with the lack of franchise mode this game may disappoint in the features department. The Euro league thing is cool and should be an option....but there should be a traditional NFL style season/playoffs as well. And I am pretty disappointed that there are no injuries...with the hits I have seen in these videos....I was definitely looking forward to breaking some legs and fracturing some ribs! OH well...I wish the game would come out already....IGN is right about one thing: When a game stays under wraps too long...thats usually not a good thing....especially for a sports game.
Actually it was confirmed in the Gamespot preview that Franchise is in the game, complete with drafting, scouting, free agency, etc.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #19
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

IGN LMAO, what a joke of a web site.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #20
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Man, I am not feeling the camera angle. You know how you hear the phrase "keeps his eyes downfield" said about a quarterback? The receivers downfield aren't what's in focus, the line is. I don't know, I never played qb, I was one of the line, but just watching those videos I feel like I'm straining just to see the secondary.

The run game also looks weak, the whole mesh point between the qb and the running back is messed up. To start with, the hand off itself looks weird, the timing is just not there. They showed a lot of draw plays, it's almost comical how the qb is reaching forward to hand the ball off. After the hand off, the qb just sort of stands there like an idiot, good luck selling bootlegs and play fakes when you don't carry out the fake on actual running plays. One of the last plays on defense the qb actually gets rolled up on since he just sort of meanders around the pile. Sure, it's a little thing, but there's a very good reason why quarterbacks either bootleg out or continue their drop back after handing the ball off, and that's so that the defense can't immediately figure out whether it's a run or a pass play. Tackles alone don't make a game feel authentic, and except for when players are in contact, this game looks like it's dropping the ball.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
3/2 IGN Early Backbreaker Gameplay Videos

The Pass Game:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9...me_030210.html

The Run Game:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9...me_030210.html

Highlight Reel:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9...el_030210.html

On Defense:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9...se_030210.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

The actual tackling looks good but the player movement in general looks stiff.

Specifically the defensive players while strafing, and the running backs while juking.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 10
I did notice on the run play where the quarterback got rolled up into the tackle that the defenders where already in the backfield. I may be wrong about this but it makes sense for the quarterback not to follow through with the boot becuase the defense already keyed on the running back. I dont see why he would continue to pass off the defense by immitating a pass play when the ball carrier just got creamed.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:27 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 14

"The AI is largely in charge of the strength of the pass you're throwing" this statement is a bit of a downer not having total control of pass velocity. I would assume the ability to lead/underthrow receivers is AI controlled also. Not a gamekiller but dissapointing.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »