Home

Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review

This is a discussion on Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Game shipped with too many issues. It feels less smooth than last years to me and the camera angles should have been modifable for batter and pitcher like early reports said they would be.

The new broadcast cam doesn't sink well with the action and makes the field look too small. It also feels like the action lags or is at a slower framerate in this camera mode. Hopefully a patch fixes this.

Batting is perfect but pitching is not. the ball looks like a white dot while throwing it and classic pitching still doesn't have a better meter.

Player models are amazingly detailed but look short and stocky.

I completely thought that 09 was a masterpiece but for mlb 10 to match it or surpass it needed the above comments not even be a part of the conversation when talking about mlb 10 but they sadly are.

Too high of a rating IMHO Chris
I don't know what game you're playing,but my copy of The Show 10 plays like a dream.And I have no doubt that all the minor bugs will be patched soon.09 shipped with its fair share of issues as well that were later patched.

The Show is not only the best baseball game I've played,but its also the best sports title I've ever played.The attention to detail is just amazing.I played The Show 09 for 10 months,and in my opinion every aspect of 09 has been improved in The Show 10.

Great review Chris,this is definitely a five star game.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Today marks my second review using my blog. I just want to remind everyone these are meant to be a supplement to our already awesome reviews. Both of our official reviews will be released later this week since our writers didn't get the game until release and we kind of still believe in writing good in-depth reviews. But for today, here is my take on MLB '10: The Show:

Read More - Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review

Chris, these thoughts, the OS community's and the OS official reviews are the only ones on the web i read anymore.

the only ones that matter online.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Batting is perfect but pitching is not. the ball looks like a white dot while throwing it and classic pitching still doesn't have a better meter.
Does classic pitching even involve a meter ? Maybe you meant meter pitching ?

Quote:
Player models are amazingly detailed but look short and stocky.
Right, right.. We've heard this one before. I can't wait 'til they recreate the player models, so I don't have to read that anymore. I honestly don't even mind the player model's flaws in MLB 10. Like, my mind doesn't notice the imperfections.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #12
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
That whole experience is even better this year. No game has ever simulated the sport of baseball nearly as well as MLB '10: The Show simulates the sport, it is simply a must own for anyone who even remotely considers themselves a baseball fan.
This is all that needs to be said.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11
I think alot of the media sites sat on this. Its a given that MLB09 was a classic, albeit filled with minor flaws that are somewhat always overlooked, but to not let MLB10 stand on its own merit is wrong. How can anyone just blab on about how great a game is when it didnt release a demo, has ratings inaccuracies, dominant hitting/weak pitching, and a "sameness" to it. How many times have chastised other devs of "staying the same". Ive just played a few games of dodgers vs mets, and its the same game as last year. The same. NOT a BAD thing. but its the same...for 60 bucks? And you will start to hear HONEST people in here state the same. if it aint broke dont fix it , but dang, couldn't you have did anything? the game is boring...and this is not about anyother game. I am speaking of my time playing MLB10, its the same as last year, I like yearly innovations implemented. something. And my buddy never pitches strikes! lol
Old 03-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Chris, these thoughts, the OS community's and the OS official reviews are the only ones on the web i read anymore.

the only ones that matter online.
Thanks man! Much appreciated! We do try our very best for you guys!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #15
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
I think alot of the media sites sat on this. Its a given that MLB09 was a classic, albeit filled with minor flaws that are somewhat always overlooked, but to not let MLB10 stand on its own merit is wrong. How can anyone just blab on about how great a game is when it didnt release a demo, has ratings inaccuracies, dominant hitting/weak pitching, and a "sameness" to it. How many times have chastised other devs of "staying the same". Ive just played a few games of dodgers vs mets, and its the same game as last year. The same. NOT a BAD thing. but its the same...for 60 bucks? And you will start to hear HONEST people in here state the same. if it aint broke dont fix it , but dang, couldn't you have did anything? the game is boring...and this is not about anyother game. I am speaking of my time playing MLB10, its the same as last year, I like yearly innovations implemented. something. And my buddy never pitches strikes! lol
Either you didn't play '09 very much and are just assuming, or you are currently playing '09 and thinking it is '10. The game is NOT the same. There has been a TON of things added to this game and how you can overlook that is beyond me. No, there is nothing innovative with it. There is no rock and fire pitching or analog hitting. That may or may not be added in the future, that's up to SCEA. But the game is now coming into it's own and being a complete game. You can't expect MAJOR changes until they at least perfect what they already have.

Now they have not only a base to work with that is awesome, but many features that are there as well. So if they want to find something innovative or different to add, they can do so easier knowing that everything else (sans he minor bugs that are getting fixed) is working great.

Best news for you is that this isn't the only iteration of baseball this year. There is at least one other option. Hope you find something you find enjoyable.

Last edited by PhantomPain; 03-03-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #16
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Can someone please tell me why this game is soo much better than mlb 2k10?

I thought the pitcher/batter duel in 2k10 was really good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »