Home

Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review

This is a discussion on Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #17
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue704
I don't know what game you're playing,but my copy of The Show 10 plays like a dream.And I have no doubt that all the minor bugs will be patched soon.09 shipped with its fair share of issues as well that were later patched.

The Show is not only the best baseball game I've played,but its also the best sports title I've ever played.The attention to detail is just amazing.I played The Show 09 for 10 months,and in my opinion every aspect of 09 has been improved in The Show 10.

Great review Chris,this is definitely a five star game.
I wouldn't call player potential a minor bug. It makes franchise and RTTS to a lesser extent unplayable until its fixed on Monday.

Anyways the Show 10 is a great game and really simulates the game of baseball perfectly. I feel like I'm at the park when playing this game. The atmosphere is stunning and everything is very authentic. The Show in recent years has made me a bigger fan of baseball.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Can someone please tell me why this game is soo much better than mlb 2k10?

I thought the pitcher/batter duel in 2k10 was really good.
The pitcher and batter duels in this game is just compelling, its just some people want a new experience and are enamored by the RS controls. The Show Pitching batting duels have been great since 08. The only gameplay critique is not about game play, its a game play mechanic i.e. RS controls. People have played this game so much and some have grown tired of it and some haven't.

The A.I. in this game is unparralled, not just pitching and batting everywhere. Now that they have the throwing meter working properly you get attribute throwing and its a god send. The other critique is the commentary and graph overlays, the commentary needs some kind of injection and graphic overlays are there, but not at the frequency as the other game.

The game is a slow burner, just like the baseball season, if you're into nuance, you will be into the show. I almost forgot the animations are incredible and believable.

Their isn't much too correct so the same feeling was inevitable, it happens to all franchises with annual releases, this is why I don't play too often to keep the feeling fresh. The stale feeling for games I have are NBA 2k and Madden, but you don't get the stale card thrown around in those games as often because football and basketball is always moving at a frenetic pace.

Pull up a chair and play "The Show" and you will find out how good the game is, don't let the smooth taste fool ya.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Please please please help me understand the steps for hitting. Please let me know if I am hitting correctly.
The pitcher is on the mound getting the sign from the catcher. At this point do you:

1. Press R2 and the pitching icon at the same time?

2.Move the left stick to the direction/area you think the ball will be pitched to. If you think it will be outside to a right handed batted you move the left stick to the right? Do you have to hold the stick or just tap it to the left?

3. Move the right stick in the direction of where you want to hit the ball. Do you have to hold the stick or just tap it.

4. Finally you press X to swing the bat? When you swing should you be holding or pressing anything else? Please respond. I love the game but I can't hit.

If these steps are incorrect please let me know what to do......then watch out because I CAN pitch.

David
Old 03-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneman
Please please please help me understand the steps for hitting. Please let me know if I am hitting correctly.
The pitcher is on the mound getting the sign from the catcher. At this point do you:

1. Press R2 and the pitching icon at the same time?

2.Move the left stick to the direction/area you think the ball will be pitched to. If you think it will be outside to a right handed batted you move the left stick to the right? Do you have to hold the stick or just tap it to the left?

3. Move the right stick in the direction of where you want to hit the ball. Do you have to hold the stick or just tap it.

4. Finally you press X to swing the bat? When you swing should you be holding or pressing anything else? Please respond. I love the game but I can't hit.

If these steps are incorrect please let me know what to do......then watch out because I CAN pitch.

David
Their is a MLB 09 tutorial up top, its stickied, within that tutorial is a hitting tips.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
I think alot of the media sites sat on this. Its a given that MLB09 was a classic, albeit filled with minor flaws that are somewhat always overlooked, but to not let MLB10 stand on its own merit is wrong. How can anyone just blab on about how great a game is when it didnt release a demo, has ratings inaccuracies, dominant hitting/weak pitching, and a "sameness" to it. How many times have chastised other devs of "staying the same". Ive just played a few games of dodgers vs mets, and its the same game as last year. The same. NOT a BAD thing. but its the same...for 60 bucks? And you will start to hear HONEST people in here state the same. if it aint broke dont fix it , but dang, couldn't you have did anything? the game is boring...and this is not about anyother game. I am speaking of my time playing MLB10, its the same as last year, I like yearly innovations implemented. something. And my buddy never pitches strikes! lol
Spoken from a guy that has to play the "other game" because he has no PS3. Thats ok though, I understand. A couple years back, before I had the cash to go get a PS3, I used to say the same things you're saying. You try to convince yourself that The Show isnt that good because you cant play it. I feel your pain man. Just keep plugging along. Maybe one day you can get your hands on a PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Best sports game I have ever played (imo).
Old 03-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Thanks man! Much appreciated! We do try our very best for you guys!
no problem.
i know you guys do, from reviews to cleaning out the trash.
the rules have tightened as this site gets bigger and bigger and because of the professionalism here, we all win.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #24
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19
Well said! Great review.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »