Home

Backbreaker Preview (1up)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Preview (1up) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Backbreaker seems like a Day 1 purchase!
i disagree 100%. I would not buy this game without 1st testing it first. We have no experience of this company making a football game, no idea if the controls are good, right now it could be a hit or miss. The only thing we have to go by so far are some reviews from a couple of websites so without a demo i wont buy the game because theres no rental stores in my town and i dont care enough about it to bother with gamefly or having something shipped to me to rent.

But i also wouldnt buy this game without trying it out first. Could be another $60 dust collector.

Hopefully they release a demo because i would like to see if its any good.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Backbreaker Preview (1up)

Yeah, definitely not a 1st day purchase IMO. This game may be good but it's definitely a rental first for me. I know some may not like this but this game could end up like Blitz. A fun game to play, pretty awesome, even killer-awesome in some aspects, but you grow tired of it pretty quickly.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah, definitely not a 1st day purchase IMO. This game may be good but it's definitely a rental first for me. I know some may not like this but this game could end up like Blitz. A fun game to play, pretty awesome, even killer-awesome in some aspects, but you grow tired of it pretty quickly.
This is true! If it plays like blitz, then that would be a disaster. And I agree that a Demo is needed...and unfortunately for this company the demo couldn't be barebones either.

I'll probably wait before making it an official Day purchase.....I would like to see some longer gameplay sequences as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 26

BB is only a first day purchase from me for 2 reasons. I dont plan to buy NCAA/Madden(unless some revolutionary change occurs to franchise mode ala head coach style) and I have a dozen friends that are going to pick it up who will want to play it with me. I cant honestly say I have seen enough from the game to go OMG I have to have this. I will only be able to judge the quality of the product when I finally start playing it and breaking down what makes the game work.(ex. like why the oline was amazing at one for pass blocking one time and horrible the next) Either way it should provide enough entertainment for me to get my $50 worth of fun from it.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #13
Rookie

Draxion's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i disagree 100%. I would not buy this game without 1st testing it first. We have no experience of this company making a football game, no idea if the controls are good, right now it could be a hit or miss. The only thing we have to go by so far are some reviews from a couple of websites so without a demo i wont buy the game because theres no rental stores in my town and i dont care enough about it to bother with gamefly or having something shipped to me to rent.

But i also wouldnt buy this game without trying it out first. Could be another $60 dust collector.

Hopefully they release a demo because i would like to see if its any good.
$50 dollar dust collector
Old 03-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

So do they or don't they allow team / logo sharing? I've heard it both ways now.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
So do they or don't they allow team / logo sharing? I've heard it both ways now.
I'm thinking this is like APF 2K8 where when you create a team there's a code for you to re-create it if you need to. This code can then be shared with others where they just punch it in and the team is created. Well at least the uniforms, logos and stadium selection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ If they are going to do the code thing, then I hope for the love of God they didn't make it long and hard to read like APF's. That was easily one of the biggest mistakes (of many) that 2K made with the game. I just don't want to deal with anything like that ever again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »