Home

Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

This is an extremely positive review. The previewer loves the game.

However, The previewer like most people doesn't think that this game will be a commercial success. Even if this game is good to very good. The climate and market are not set up for this game o succeed.

I am a huge NFL fan and a Madden player but no license will not effect me here because of the deepest editing in any football video game ever. I am looking for an alternative to Madden and the customization and euphoria is what has me sold.

Hopefully, This game will be playable for years to come because I fear that it will be a one and done game. It certainly is loaded with alot of fun features that should make the game playable for a long time. The two franchise modes are huge. It will take awhile for gamers to edit every team and player. Personally, I can't wait for May 18th.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 30
While I am looking forward to this game, I can only take "Joystiq's" preview with a grain of salt due to the fact that they have shown to be anti-Madden and also seem to not be a very sportsgame oriented website, to begin with. I hope they at least come out with a demo. At worst, I'll rent it first.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
While I am looking forward to this game, I can only take "Joystiq's" preview with a grain of salt due to the fact that they have shown to be anti-Madden and also seem to not be a very sportsgame oriented website, to begin with. I hope they at least come out with a demo. At worst, I'll rent it first.
Well, even if they are anti-Madden, they should be for a good reason. Madden NFL games are horrible at best, in my opinion. I'm being honest, not sarcastic. This should be the Madden NFL killer, but it won't be, especially since NFL gamer fans are brainwashed by EA Sports. Backbreaker deservers respect and a fair chance. I finally broke free from EA's grasp this year.

Last edited by turftickler; 03-06-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Yeah, fair enough. Joystiq was the most positive preview of Backbreaker and Madden forced them to redo their article last year because it was so negative. On the flip side, IGN was possibly the only truly negative preview of Backbreaker so far and they historically go higher than average with their reviews of Madden. Safe to say there is some politics involved in these previews on both sides.

It's really a shame because, these games honestly don't have to compete. If people pick up Backbreaker and enjoy it for three months, they probably got their moneys worth. Then they can move on to Madden if they want. People do it with NCAA all the time.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5
I'm glad it doesn't have an NFL license. Why is it so crippling that it doesn't have one? That fact that it doesn't have one leaves it open in soo many ways. It's in it's own world, and it leaves the gamers experienced bordered only by their own imagination. If you wan't realism play madden. If you're looking for authenticity in an arcade game Vs looking for it in a simulation game you're a poser.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Not having the NFL license may help it in the long run. Imagine the possibilities. Players getting suspended for off the field issues, politics, and alot of other things that the NFL has opposed could make it in this game and make it deeper than Madden, if done correctly.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
looks amazing...Create a stadium? online co-op? Backbreak...where amazing happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 19

I'm done talking about Madden NFL games, unless I can find something good to say about them. The only one that made me think twice about getting it over a 2k football game was Madden 2005.

I hope to see another article from Joystiq soon. That one seemed to be less biased than the others I have read. He seemed to nail both sides of it well. And he stated that the graphics that we should have gotten with Madden 06 are actually a quality that Backbreaker possesses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »