Home

WWE Brawl Revealed Soon?

This is a discussion on WWE Brawl Revealed Soon? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE Brawl Revealed Soon?

Could THQ be revealing WWE Brawl? According to Blend Games, it is in the works. What are your thoughts, anything in particular you'd love to see?

Quote:
"It should come as no surprise that another WWE game is in the works. However, the next one might not be called Smackdown Vs. Raw.

World Wrestling Entertainment has filed a trademark application for the phrase "WWE Brawl." Sometimes a company will try to obtain really broad trademarks to cover all possible merchandising options. However, the "WWE Brawl" application only specifies video games so a game bearing that name seems to be their primary goal.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that WWE plans to shelve the Smackdown Vs. Raw brand. Brawl could be a separate, new series they're planning. I suspect we'll find out soon enough."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
I would like a game with controls as simple as Wrestlemania 2000 or No Mercy, with the current match modes and graphics and customization of Smackdown vs. Raw.

Also, without the 3-moves=reversal mechanic of WCW Mayhem. That was a painful game to play.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

I used to play Wrestlemania w/ my stepson all day/night. That game was a blast.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Wrestlemania 2000, that is.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5
I personally thinks Yukes is a crappy developer. The AI in the SvR series has been awful. Their idea of fun is the CPU reversing every 3 moves I do, but now and then the CPU lets me do a suplex. So one out of four moves ain't that bad....sorry need to take more of the stuff I am smoking.

We'll I miss my AKI games, still the King almost a decade latter,

Also why does Yukes remove moves from previous editions? Where is my Warrior Splash and Press? Where is the Hogan Leg Drop(RUNNING). WHere is my...oh gosh I need....to calm down.

Will some company just make a generic wrestling game that is fully customizabel? Wait why is there no PS3 firepro?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sounds like a potential arcade type of fighting game (strange to say for wrestling I know)....but it sounds like they might be looking to do something a bit more casual or arcadey so to speak. Might not be a terrible idea, but will probably be one anyways.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #7
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: WWE Brawl Revealed Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Sounds like a potential arcade type of fighting game (strange to say for wrestling I know)....but it sounds like they might be looking to do something a bit more casual or arcadey so to speak. Might not be a terrible idea, but will probably be one anyways.
I wonder if it is a UFC type game.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAdrianPI
I personally thinks Yukes is a crappy developer. The AI in the SvR series has been awful. Their idea of fun is the CPU reversing every 3 moves I do, but now and then the CPU lets me do a suplex. So one out of four moves ain't that bad....sorry need to take more of the stuff I am smoking.

We'll I miss my AKI games, still the King almost a decade latter,

Also why does Yukes remove moves from previous editions? Where is my Warrior Splash and Press? Where is the Hogan Leg Drop(RUNNING). WHere is my...oh gosh I need....to calm down.

Will some company just make a generic wrestling game that is fully customizabel? Wait why is there no PS3 firepro?
How do you think the AI should react? I'm a fan of the AKI games just as much as anyone is, but I think about those controls in today's game all the time, and to me it is just grapple to do a move, grapple to do a move...

Is it fun? Yes - is it sim? I don't think so...

My thoughts

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »