Home

WWE Brawl Revealed Soon?

This is a discussion on WWE Brawl Revealed Soon? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #9
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: WWE Brawl Revealed Soon?

Sounds like wcw backstage assault or whatever that crap was. Smart move, legends of wrestlemania really sold like gangbusters put out another arcade type game, if that's what this is. Everyone (myself included) seems to think the late 90's wrestling games were the best ever. WM 2000, no mercy, revenge. Mimic the gameplay of these games, provide a good career mode, give the caw people their caws, give the online people an online experience. There ya go.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:32 AM   #10
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Sounds like a potential arcade type of fighting game (strange to say for wrestling I know)....but it sounds like they might be looking to do something a bit more casual or arcadey so to speak. Might not be a terrible idea, but will probably be one anyways.
I thought the same thing when I read it.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAdrianPI
I personally thinks Yukes is a crappy developer. The AI in the SvR series has been awful. Their idea of fun is the CPU reversing every 3 moves I do, but now and then the CPU lets me do a suplex. So one out of four moves ain't that bad....sorry need to take more of the stuff I am smoking.

We'll I miss my AKI games, still the King almost a decade latter,
...because reversing 29/30 with no difficulty option or slider to fix it with your only hope to win being a countout glitch is so much better? Those AKI games were so overrated gameplay wise but I guess it's a nostaliga factor.

Yuke's is actually a fine developer but it seems either THQ or WWE has a leash on them resulting in these sub-par WWE games with minimal year to year changes when they're out of date before they're even out. Yuke's can and has done much better.

It's probably going to be an iPhone downloadable side scroller. Randy Orton kidnaps Cena's dad and he's off on an adventure to get him back. If you're thinking that sounds ridiculous they've done it before on the Gameboy. It could also be a sequel to Crush Hour.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
those games were not overrated, they were simple and great. When a guy was getting off the ground he didnt magically fall back flat on his back to the ground if you kicked him.

The Smackdown vs Raw games look great but the actual wrestling sucks. Those games are all about the customization and visuals but when it comes down to the match they are bad. The WCW/NWO & WWF No Mercy/ Wrestlemania 2000 games had much better actual wrestling even with the grapple system.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Could it be the next Legends game? That way they could add all the Legends even if they was not in wrestlemani

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 03-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I really liked Legends of Wrestlemania and was hoping for a sequel. But, that appears to be out the window. Whatever Brawl is, I hope it uses the LOW controls as I liked them better than the SVR controls.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #15
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
How do you think the AI should react? I'm a fan of the AKI games just as much as anyone is, but I think about those controls in today's game all the time, and to me it is just grapple to do a move, grapple to do a move...

Is it fun? Yes - is it sim? I don't think so...

My thoughts
Is it Sim? It's a pro wrestling game. Pro Wrestling isn't sim. How many people are going to hit a vertical suplex on someone that isn't letting them do it. While wrestling is athletic, it is not a sport - it's a performance. You might as well expect Alien vs. Predator to be "sim".

I think the big thing they should do is stop trying to make this a sports game and let it be about having great epic matches, not necessarily winning and losing. I think that'd be a ton of fun, would work better, and you could have a really cool career mode if it was a behind the scenes type of career mode, where it's acknowledged you are playing a character.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #16
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Is it Sim? It's a pro wrestling game. Pro Wrestling isn't sim. How many people are going to hit a vertical suplex on someone that isn't letting them do it. While wrestling is athletic, it is not a sport - it's a performance. You might as well expect Alien vs. Predator to be "sim".

I think the big thing they should do is stop trying to make this a sports game and let it be about having great epic matches, not necessarily winning and losing. I think that'd be a ton of fun, would work better, and you could have a really cool career mode if it was a behind the scenes type of career mode, where it's acknowledged you are playing a character.

Best.Post.Ever

LMAO Alien vs Predator. Alien was looking a bit "too fast" in that movie, I mean they should have bumped down his speed a bit

As for this game, I def think that they could do a better job of "capturing the sport" like someone else said, there is no point in making everything more "realistic". Capture the atmosphere, the promos, the ups and downs of matches and typical wrestling stuff. Every wrestler loses. Even the greatest ones lose all the time. There isnt a person in the WWE where every match we already know the outcome. Obviously when belts are on the line and its PPV matches, we can make better guesses as to who will win. The thing is that in all of these games like road to wrestlemania, etc. You are not allowed to lose. Not saying that there shouldt be consequences, but there should be times where you face like 4 people at once and they beat you instead of win after win after win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »