Home

NHL 10 Roster Update #10 - Trade Deadline Moves

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Roster Update #10 - Trade Deadline Moves within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
NHL 10 Roster Update #10 - Trade Deadline Moves

NHL 10 roster update #10 is now available.

Quote:
"The NHL season is now three-quarters of the way through and teams are jockeying for position as the Road to the Stanley Cup officially begins. With the post-Olympic trade deadline past it’s tough to say which team made the best moves and only time will tell which players will respond and be that difference each GM hopes they will be.

This morning the EA SPORTS NHL team provided their regular update to include the latest trade deadline moves. Draft picks are not reflected in the update. AHL transactions are up-to-date as of March 4th while NHL lines are up-to-date as of March 5th.

*Note that Nazimi Kadri is not in the game due to him being an emergency call-up even though he is under contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs he is not a member of the NHLPA as you do not become a member of the NHLPA if you are an emergency call-up."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
its out..
Good news...thanks Fiddy!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

If you want a team that plays shut down D pick Ottawa. With guys like Volchenkov, Phillips, Carkner, Karlsson, Sutton, and Leclaire; who actually isn't bad in this game set your settings to Contain Puck, Conservative, and Forecheck High 2 -1 -2 and enjoy the lock down.
GLES - USC

Old 03-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

i stoked time to play gm mode again
Old 03-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

Coin flip was won by Chicago.....I even did best out of 3 and Chicago won all 3....so I"m going with LA!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete07
Coin flip was won by Chicago.....I even did best out of 3 and Chicago won all 3....so I"m going with LA!!!!
ha thats classic, Very Good Choice, I say put Brown at 2nd line instead of first line my reasoning..............to spread out the good players a little bit. Just my opinion thats what i did when i played with LA and I loved them

SCREW CHICAGO PEOPLE! PLAY WITH A UNDERDOG TEAMS, ITS MORE FUN TO WATCH THEM WIN.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

I haven't started it yet.....played a game the other day with the Kings and loved Brown - Doughty was a stud and I won in 3 OT's vs Anaheim.

For the trades, do you leave them on for the entry draft and then turn them on a week before the deadline? Or just leave them off totally until the week before the deadline? I don't want to see tons of trades before the start of the season, there usually aren't many trades in the entry draft.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete07
I haven't started it yet.....played a game the other day with the Kings and loved Brown - Doughty was a stud and I won in 3 OT's vs Anaheim.

For the trades, do you leave them on for the entry draft and then turn them on a week before the deadline? Or just leave them off totally until the week before the deadline? I don't want to see tons of trades before the start of the season, there usually aren't many trades in the entry draft.
ya exactly I leave trades on for the Draft and as soon as the draft finishes I turn them off, then on again a week before the deadline and keep it on until the next draft ends then turn them off again and repeat, IMO it brings the most realistic trading we can get from this game, there will be some trades but nothing CRAZY (like Datsyuk playing for Florida or something like that). But some trades will happen and thats how it should be cause people get traded all the time in real life its IMO the only way to go.

This is what I do......
1. Trades on/off (do what is mentioned above)
2. Caps off (less Top Notch players in Free Agents list, but look at your teams cap size before you start and stay within those limits, raising or lowering it a bit based on your season performance)
3. Dont abuse Free Agents List (dont pick up every good player in FA list cause caps are off again stay within your teams caps size)
4. GM Difficulty set to Hard (the choices are Easy/Medium/Hard go Hard cause it is better you actually feel like your upgrades were worked for)
5. PLAY LIKE CRAZY

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »