Home

EA Sports MMA Early Look (1up)

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Early Look (1up) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #9
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: EA Sports MMA Early Look (1up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Only 28 fighters for an MMA game is pretty rough. Thought they'd go out and sign more guys than that.
I assume the create a fighter system will be as good, if not better, than fn4 which makes the amount of fighters in game irrelevent imho
Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
I assume the create a fighter system will be as good, if not better, than fn4 which makes the amount of fighters in game irrelevent imho
Not for me. I like having official fighters because they look more like their actual counterparts than CAFs. Plus there is commentary for official fighters. FN4's CAFs are good but I still havent found a CAF that looks enough like Floyd Mayweather or Clottey.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not for me. I like having official fighters because they look more like their actual counterparts than CAFs. Plus there is commentary for official fighters. FN4's CAFs are good but I still havent found a CAF that looks enough like Floyd Mayweather or Clottey.
True, I really hope they take the commentary up a few notches. I hated hearing the same stupid one-liners multiple times in a fight while playing FN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4
If the gameplay and the create-a-fighter system is good, then i don't think having only 28 fighters will be that much of a problem.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Who else is there left to sign? They have the major Dream and Strikeforce fighters (even some lesser known ones like Prangley). Other than Bellator, there really isnt anyone left.
How about the minor ones? Not every fighter has to be a superstar. It's nice to have tiers of fighters, so you can work your way up.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
How about the minor ones? Not every fighter has to be a superstar. It's nice to have tiers of fighters, so you can work your way up.
As mentioned before, Bellator has a nice pool of up and coming talent. Eddie Alvarez would be a nice addition.

I'm thinking they'll probably round it out with some more Dream and Strikeforce fighters. There are still some notable fighters absent like Werdum, Big Foot, Sokoudjou, Overeem, Sakurai, Hansen, etc.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue

Other than Bellator, why go through the effort when most people wont know who the hell these guys are? If I'm EA, I have choice between paying Joey Gambeino $10K or just creating a fake fighter named John Marshall and making him accessible in Exhibition and Career modes....I'm going with the latter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillmattic
As mentioned before, Bellator has a nice pool of up and coming talent. Eddie Alvarez would be a nice addition.

I'm thinking they'll probably round it out with some more Dream and Strikeforce fighters. There are still some notable fighters absent like Werdum, Big Foot, Sokoudjou, Overeem, Sakurai, Hansen, etc.
I'm assuming that some of those guys will be announced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »