Home

Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I will repeat.

We are NOT dumbing the game down. Just because someone throws picks means zero to the hardcore community and Madden fan that doesn't throw picks. The two have nothing to do with each other. Some folks are taking this presentation totally out of context.

The stats shown in the presentation were purely informational, to showcase that we can track stats over MILLIONS of games and focus our gameplay tuning to produce accurate NFL stats. We're not going to dumb down the playbooks or do any of those things you guys that think "we just don't get it" assume we're going to do.

Thanks.
I think the issue at hand here is that , for the most part, the development team / corporate etc has lost a lot of credability with its consumers. Your loyal consumer base has held out for years and years just hoping that you guys did " get it ".

It has taken many years in the process, but the opinions have started to sway away from the always positive and optimistic attitude, to a more pessimistic attitude.

The Madden and NCAA series has been a staple of my video gaming life since they were first introduced and I have wonderful memories to go along with them, but over the past 5 years it has taken a drastic downward turn.

Just prove to us once, that you guys actually " get it "

Im begging. This and NCAA were my favorite franchises for 15 years. Please bring the glory days back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #26
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
Goodbye Madden.

I knew this would come..EA Sports is now going to focus towards the younger people just starting out with the game. This article means nothing to me and it shouldn't to anyone else. I don't care about this time thing. It's a football game, it's going to seem like you're picking your plays longer than you're playing because a play doesn't last very long in football. In basketball you're constantly playing, it's just how the game works. If people don't want to play a Madden game that long, then adjust the time settings down. I hate it when they lower the game standards for the people starting out with Madden. It's not fair to us hardcore Madden gamers.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Too funny.

See why this place drives me crazy?!?!?!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #28
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
I will repeat.

We are NOT dumbing the game down. Just because someone throws picks means zero to the hardcore community and Madden fan that doesn't throw picks. The two have nothing to do with each other. Some folks are taking this presentation totally out of context.

The stats shown in the presentation were purely informational, to showcase that we can track stats over MILLIONS of games and focus our gameplay tuning to produce accurate NFL stats. We're not going to dumb down the playbooks or do any of those things you guys that think "we just don't get it" assume we're going to do.

Thanks.
Ian thank you for clearing that up for us bro.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #29
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
Goodbye Madden.

I knew this would come..EA Sports is now going to focus towards the younger people just starting out with the game. This article means nothing to me and it shouldn't to anyone else. I don't care about this time thing. It's a football game, it's going to seem like you're picking your plays longer than you're playing because a play doesn't last very long in football. In basketball you're constantly playing, it's just how the game works. If people don't want to play a Madden game that long, then adjust the time settings down. I hate it when they lower the game standards for the people starting out with Madden. It's not fair to us hardcore Madden gamers.

Thats some quality thread reading you have done prior to your post. Really, well done.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #30
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

To me it seems some here overreact to much.I feel that things with madden is coming along fine. It's getting better year after year. Am I a blind fanboy of madden?? No I am not. But overall I respect madden because of the years of enjoyment I had with madden growing up. Just because madden has slipped downhill some coming onto the next Gen doesn't mean it will stay that way. Every company has it's bad days. Madden is having it's right now. They are slowly recovering started with madden 10. I will support other new games even like BB. But no matter how big of a slump madden is in right now. This is one fan of madden that will stay with them. It will get better in the near future. It just takes time. To many people now a days complain way to much. I know some of you growup back in the late 70s and 80s when games started coming out alot at that time. Before the internet I didn't know what complaining really was. Back then the games you got you played. I nevered complained one bit. But now a days to many people want more more on a game. No matter how much you do for fans. Some will never be happy. But me I have stuck with madden through thick and thin. And will keep on doing that.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Too funny.

See why this place drives me crazy?!?!?!
Ricky Williams ran for 2750 yards and 7 ypc in my season...are those accurate stats?

see why Madden drives us crazy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 01:03 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

OOOO S#*! that was some funny stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »